PDA

View Full Version : How Much?

Sam Starr
06-12-2007, 7:25 AM
Hi folks, Can someone tell me what I can expect to pay to have a turned pen engraved with a logo and what kind of a file would that person need?

Gary Hair
06-12-2007, 8:27 PM
You won't get much detail out of a logo on a pen, nothing very large anyway. Unless it's a very large pen that is... I do text all the time and have done logos but they need to be very simple logos to look good that small. The charge depends on how many I do and what type of info I am engraving. I will engrave a single pen with a name on the barrel or cap for about $35.00. I can also engrave the clip, add $10.00 or all three, add $20.00. If you want a logo the file would almost have to be vector based, eps, cdr, pdf, etc., but never a jpg or bmp or gif (unless you want to pay me to either clean it up or convert it).

Do you need something done for yourself or are you trying to determine what to charge a customer? If you need something done, send me a file and I would be happy to provide you an exact price. If you are trying to determine what to charge, you just need to determine how long it takes to do the setup, engraving and cleanup and charge accordingly. I charge at least $2.00 per minute, your charges may vary.

Gary

Thad Nickoley
06-13-2007, 9:12 PM
if you need to include a logo how about adding a wood case to the deal. That way the pens can have the name and the logo on the wood case. I do them like this all the time.