PDA

View Full Version : woodtek tools

Ronnie Rimmer, Graham N.C.
03-01-2003, 3:02 PM
Hi,
Does anyone have experence or opions on woodtek tools sold by Woodworkers Supply. The store is in my back yard and I have looked at them but don't known anyone who owns them. I have used some of their router bits with success.
Thanks,
Ronnie

GEDunton
03-01-2003, 3:13 PM
Weeeeell, you get to look the stuff over before buying and can take back if a problem. Darn good deal in my opinion. The real answer is that I have several of their tools, but had to unpack after shipping to see them. Amongst the things living in my shop are Woodtek's 13" thickness sander, a must; their 6x48 belt disk sander, works fine; some router bits, only a dozen or so. they've been "online" for about four years, no problems. I admit the fit and finish aren't top of the line, but they do they jobs.

Got turned on to them my a friend who backs his living running a woodworking shop. He has those and several others, and rec'd them to me. I'd say they are on a par with Grizzley, Asian imports. Hope this helps.

Keith Harper
03-01-2003, 3:42 PM
I have had a Woodtek 6" jointer for over ten years. Initially need careful adjustment and it has worked perfectly since.:)

Greg Wandless
03-03-2003, 1:13 PM
Ronnie,

I've had a Woodtek 6" jointer for about 7 years with no problems. I changed the belt to a link belt sometime ago because is was going most of my machines then. I did change some of the fence adjustments screws to make it easier to tune up the fence.

Cheers,
Greg