PDA

View Full Version : Hey John M!

Paul D. May
01-10-2004, 7:58 AM
Got that heater hooked up yet? It has got to be cold this weekend dude!

Paul

John Miliunas
01-10-2004, 2:40 PM

Paul

Hi Paul,

Funny you should ask. Just this morning, I went out to check my fuel supply. In other words, yup, she's up and running. Been three weeks now and I'm really happy with it. I had a seperate 250gal. LP fuel tank setup for it alone, so that I could better gauge useage and not worry about taking volume away from the house needs. So far, I've used 18% and that includes two weeks of vacation, when I was in the shop all day, every day! I've got it setup on a setback thermostat, which I would highly recommend to anyone going the Hot Dawg (or similar) route. I plan on figuring out what additional electrical drops I'm going to need to run across the rafters this spring and then add some more insulation, which should help even more.

Shore is nice not to have to screw with the wood burner anymore! End up with more actual shop time and, seeing as to how I don't have a "free" source of firewood, I think it will be about break even on the cost, maybe even a bit less. That does present another "problem", though: Now I have to find someone who needs a bunch of kindling from drops and mista....errrrrr....design modifications. :D Oh, and I'm saving $$ on my insurance premium, too! :cool:

Michael Cody
01-10-2004, 11:17 PM

Paul

Don't know about John, but I know you are warm in that new shop -- how's the temp out there in Portage -- it's nicer tonight (about 15) but got down to -1 in Richland last nite last night.. (don't care what the airport says the offical temp was!)

Wouldn't ya know it I got a my shed/shop all heated and setup with my lathe, gas heat and all, but I'm spending all winter do built-in cabinents & remodeling so I am still working most of the time in my unheated garage and cutting sheet stock outside still! -- really is a PIA.