PDA

View Full Version : New router table

David Siniard
06-11-2007, 6:02 PM
thought I would post a pic of my new router table that I just completed thanks for looking

Jim C Bradley
06-11-2007, 6:41 PM
Hi David,
You better watch out---your wife will want this in the livingroom.
Looks great.
Enjoy,
Jim

Tom Cowie
06-11-2007, 6:49 PM
thought I would post a pic of my new router table that I just completed thanks for looking

Great job David,

Looks too me like that table will take part in creating many fine projects. :)

Tom

glenn bradley
06-11-2007, 6:55 PM
Very refined looking. Great job.

Brian Kent
06-11-2007, 7:10 PM
What a great job on that table. The Incra tools on it are really amazing too. I think you have a winner.

I bet it's frustrating routing lumber over a foot long since it runs into that wall!:D

Phil Thien
06-11-2007, 7:59 PM
Very nice. Almost too nice to use, in fact.

I like the large Incra fence. I don't like router tables that are only good for edge work.

Corey Hallagan
06-11-2007, 9:31 PM
I like that design a lot. Nice set up and congrats!

Corey

Jim Becker
06-11-2007, 9:37 PM
David, that top is just not red enough...LOL! :D Beautiful job!

Don Bullock
06-11-2007, 9:39 PM
Great job David. Let us know how you like the Incra fence.

Grant Davis
06-11-2007, 10:13 PM
Great job David. Let us know how you like the Incra fence.

I would also be interested in hearing how you like the Incra fence. The table looks great also.

Bill Wyko
06-12-2007, 4:37 PM
I've been using incra fences for years and I absolutly love em' I just wish my router table was that nice. Top notch on the table I will say.

Greg Cole
06-12-2007, 4:53 PM
Hey David,
Nice job! If you haven't used any of the INCRA TS-RT stuff, you are going to love yours!!! I stared at the Woodpeck catalog for about a year and a half before diving in for a TS-RT package... can't say enough good 'bout mine.
I too agree with the table size as there is much more to a nice table than edge work as previously mentioned. One thing you might want to consider is boxing in the router under the table for DC purposes (the one in the fence is ok but not attached too ruggedly)...and I found that the noise reduction to be an added bonus too. I made one to hand under my Woodpeck RT out of scrap MDF with a sloped bottom and a lid that slides open on oak slides..... hey I had to have a project for the new toys!

Great job.

Greg

Dave Hale
06-13-2007, 9:24 AM
Very nice table. I have the Incra setup too and love it.
I would suggest you put the switch further over to the left. I find I'm usually positioned to the left of the fence or facing the fence completely on the left end. I have the kick plate at thigh level on the left upright. That way I don't have to remove a hand from the piece or radically change position while the bit is spinning to 'off' the router quickly.
Just my suggestion, I find it very convenient.

Brian Kent
06-13-2007, 10:58 AM
Greg,

have you posted a picture of your enclosure. The dust collection slope, easy open, noise reduction sounds like what I hope to create. I'd love to plagiarize.

David,

What kind of surface is that? Is it a phenolic or melamine or something else?

John Lucas
06-13-2007, 11:13 AM
David,
A very noce router table. The use of the TS fence is a good one. I take it that you align it with the miter slot. You will want a split fence for larger bits and for edge jointing. I made one ages ago out of MDF tha simply screwed onto the TS fence.
Here is a simple addon fence to serve as 'zero clearance insert"
http://www.woodshopdemos.com/ss-p4-18a.jpg

and the story page: www.woodshopdemos.com/ss-p4-2.htm

Grant Wilkinson
06-13-2007, 11:24 AM
David

What did you make the top out of? I have a Jessem top-of-the-line phenolic. Jessem replaced one that sagged, and this one is starting to do the same thing. I'm looking at making one.

Tks
Grant
Ottawa ON

David Siniard
06-13-2007, 4:08 PM
Here goes the legs are made of hickory as well as the banding around the top. The top is made of 1 inch thick mdf, 3 layers thick to give a total of 3 inches for the table top I did this to ad weight and to take out vibration. The big red top is counter top material. I think that I got lucky the fence is dead on parallel to miter slot. It has a woodpecker unilift and also has the extreme extension which I have come to like very well. I do plan to enclose the router and ad some drawers for all the little parts that came with the lift and the fence so that I can keep everything at a arms length away. I do like the suggestion of moving the on off switch over. Thanks for the comments.