PDA

View Full Version : Walnut entertainment center

Terry Bigelow
06-11-2007, 4:41 PM
Well, I'm technically not totally done with this but darn close. Just have to finish up a couple of pieces of the base mould and apply. The finish is a dye stain and laquer top coat. I put a couple of roll-out trays in the right cabinet and adjustable shelves in the other. I debated on the grain direction on the panels but decided to go horizontal with all of them to give it more of a linear long look. I was also a little hesitant with the size of the bread board ends on the two side cabinets but after I added the corbels and put everything together I think it looks good. More importantly my wife thinks it looks good! I have her to thank for the decorating on top.

Greg Cole
06-11-2007, 4:49 PM
Very nice. Almost a little Greene & Greene in the design maybe?
I like the roll outs in the right cabinet..... I have a vanity & medicine cabinet project looming and seeing your pics helped me have a few decent ideas.

Good job.

Greg

Jim Becker
06-11-2007, 5:29 PM
That's a really interesting look! Nice work.

Rick Peek
06-11-2007, 6:15 PM
Very Nice. Love the walnut & breadboard ends.

Al Killian
06-11-2007, 6:26 PM
I like that design alot. Like Greg said it looks simailr to a Greene and Green. Most of all the wife is happy and see is the desiding vote.

Dan Oliphant
06-11-2007, 7:36 PM
Good job, that piece as a good example of making functional utilitarian pieces( a complement to the builder). Well executed project.

Dave MacArthur
06-11-2007, 10:14 PM
Very nice, I especially like the square pegs, dowel covers I guess you'd call them. Nice to see a design for a modern large screen that isn't 9 feet tall and 10 wide. My current design is ermm... 9 feet tall and 10 wide, but I find I'm really liking the look of yours! Thanks for sharing.

Bruce Page
06-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Beautiful EC. The pictures are a little too dark to see all of the detail but what I do see looks great!
(I need a new monitor...)

Charles Jackson III
06-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Very nice work!

Gary Herrmann
06-11-2007, 11:06 PM
Very nice Terry. Like the joinery. Starting to think of something similar for when we get a big tv.

Garth Keel
06-11-2007, 11:12 PM
Fine piece of work, thanx for sharing!

Pat Germain
06-11-2007, 11:26 PM
Very spiffy! I think it has a kind of "antique icebox" look and I intend that as a compliment: simple, elegant lines which suggest durability.

Jeffrey Makiel
06-12-2007, 7:06 AM
Pat...well done!
-Jeff :)

Matt Day
06-12-2007, 7:41 AM
I think you made the speakers stands a little oversized for the speakers you're using. ;)

Nice work. As others have said, I like to see entertainment centers for modern equipment.

Grant Davis
06-12-2007, 9:37 AM
Terry, I really like your design. My sister and I were just talking this weekend about building en entertainment center for her house. I sent the link to show her your design. If she likes it I may be asking you some questions in the future.

Terry Bigelow
06-12-2007, 1:48 PM
Thanks for the warm words creeker's! Always interesting to see the reaction of others on one's own design. I'm perfectly comfortable with the description of my "Greene & Greene utilitarian icebox"!!! Too funny. I guess it IS simplistic. Seriously though, thanks to all the creekers. This forum and all the people who make it a friendly place to visit inspire and inform me and many others.

Grant, feel free to ask me anything you need to know I'll help any way I can.