PDA

View Full Version : I am almost back!

Paul B. Cresti
01-09-2004, 10:24 PM
Finally, finally, finally, I have started the new shop renovation. It has been an entire year since I moved into my "new" house. I am figuring in about two more weeks to have power in my shop!! :) :D

John Miliunas
01-09-2004, 10:31 PM
Finally, finally, finally, I have started the new shop renovation. It has been an entire year since I moved into my "new" house. I am figuring in about two more weeks to have power in my shop!! :) :D

Congrats! Pretty exciting, ain't it?! How about some details? (Size, heating/cooling, dust collection, etc...) Good luck with the rest of the project and have fun! :cool:

Paul B. Cresti
01-09-2004, 10:41 PM
Congrats! Pretty exciting, ain't it?! How about some details? (Size, heating/cooling, dust collection, etc...) Good luck with the rest of the project and have fun! :cool:

John,
You can check out my "old" shop on the old Badger Pond Shop Tour section. My new shop is a dedicated two car garage (yup, that is right DEDICATED) about 25 x 25 with 9'-0" ceilings. By the way I have seen some of your recent posts and I too have the Wooodsucker, am I too can say it really does suck!
Paul B. Cresti

Jim Young
01-09-2004, 10:58 PM
Mr. Agazzani, welcome back.

John Miliunas
01-09-2004, 11:05 PM
John,
You can check out my "old" shop on the old Badger Pond Shop Tour section. My new shop is a dedicated two car garage (yup, that is right DEDICATED) about 25 x 25 with 9'-0" ceilings. By the way I have seen some of your recent posts and I too have the Wooodsucker, am I too can say it really does suck!
Paul B. Cresti

NOW I remember! You've got that humongo Aggi! Well, when you get far enough along, let's see some photos! And yup, the more I use the Woodsucker, the more I like it! I'm just so, so very happy and feel so very fortunate that I was able to locate it on the other side of the wall. If I have several processes to do in sequence, even with a little setup time for each, I don't bother turning it "off", as it's not at all obnoxious. :cool:

Paul B. Cresti
01-09-2004, 11:20 PM
Mr. Agazzani, welcome back.
I hope that does not mean I am suppose to be some type of Agazzani expert ;) So how is yours doin?
Paul B. Cresti

Paul B. Cresti
01-09-2004, 11:25 PM
NOW I remember! You've got that humongo Aggi! Well, when you get far enough along, let's see some photos! And yup, the more I use the Woodsucker, the more I like it! I'm just so, so very happy and feel so very fortunate that I was able to locate it on the other side of the wall. If I have several processes to do in sequence, even with a little setup time for each, I don't bother turning it "off", as it's not at all obnoxious. :cool:

The noise never really bothered me. It is such a low frequency noise in comparision to my jointer or planer when cutting. I do where ear protection all the time though. The suction power does amaze me and I look forward to my new ductwork layout as I have a very clean straight diagnol run across my shop.
Paul B. Cresti

John Miliunas
01-09-2004, 11:38 PM
The suction power does amaze me and I look forward to my new ductwork layout as I have a very clean straight diagnol run across my shop.
Paul B. Cresti

Hey, mine's a "clean straight diagnol run", too! I does that for about 5-7', then turns, turns again, goes straight for a while longer, then turns, turns..... :D Seriously, that's what truly amazes me about the thing! Most of my "design" was strictly "seat of the pants" and I ain't no tin-bender! I'm actually surprised it works as well as it does! I admit, though, I did make sure that each and every joint and snap-lock seam was taped with aluminum tape. Really helps, especially with some of my not-so-pro fits! :cool:

Jim Young
01-10-2004, 8:28 PM
So how is yours doin?

I don't use it as much as I should. The blades are getting a little surface rust. It has seen a little bowl shaping action. Glad I went with the bigger frame.

Jim Becker
01-10-2004, 9:28 PM
Paul, I'm looking forward to hearing about the progress with the new shop--always an exciting project! I'll have to arrange to visit when you're ready to go.