PDA

View Full Version : Father's Day/Wife Gloat

Guy Germaine
06-11-2007, 8:22 AM
This really isn't a tool gloat since she paid full price, but it's definitely a wife gloat. She asked me what I wanted for Father's Day, and I said "really nothing since what I would like is too expensive". She asked, and I told her that I'd like to have the Jet sharpening system, but at $299, I didn't want her to spend that much money. Well, she said that she had a coupon and could get it for $225. So, I told her that if Rockler would honor the coupon, she could get it, and I would buy a couple of the jigs from my shop account. I also told her that we should go to Rockler and ask, because if they won't honor it, I won't spend my money on jigs. Well, we go to Rockler, and of course, they won't honor the coupon since it's considered a "power tool". So, I said "too bad", let's go". Well, she started looking around the store a little, and my daughter asked me to show her some of the exotic woods they had. In the meantime, LOML is sneaking up to the counter with the sharpener, and the guy checked it out, and snuck it out to the back of my truck! :D

So, I went back in and got the diamond truing tool and the long knive jig. I wanted to get the jig to sharpen my 6" jointer knives, but you'd have to buy the Tormek jig, and it's $135. No thanks. I went home and played with the new sharpener, and got to thinking. "Why can't I make a jig to sharpen my 6" jointer knives?" So I did!!! I'll post pictures first chance I get to take a couple. This one is made from wood, but I have a buddy with a milling machine, and the next one will be made from aluminum.

Brice Burrell
06-11-2007, 8:51 AM
Well as with any gloat, we need pictures, of the sharpener and the wife. :p

John Renzetti
06-11-2007, 9:03 AM
hi Guy, That's a great gloat and to add to that a great wife. I agree with Brice, some pictures are necessary. The sharpening jig you made up sounds interesting.
take care,
John

Jim Becker
06-11-2007, 9:23 AM
A most excellent set of gloats!

Gary Keedwell
06-11-2007, 12:54 PM
A most excellent set of gloats!
:rolleyes: You been peaking?:D

Gary K.

Brice Burrell
06-11-2007, 2:13 PM
:D
:rolleyes: You been peaking?:D

Gary K.
:D :D That was funny!

Gary Keedwell
06-11-2007, 5:43 PM
;) I know...I should be spanked...but I just couldn't help myself.:eek:

Gary K.

Jim Becker
06-11-2007, 9:48 PM
Gary, you're lucky some moderator's hand can't fit through the DSL line and slap you up-side your head!!! LOL

Gary Keedwell
06-11-2007, 10:18 PM
Gary, you're lucky some moderator's hand can't fit through the DSL line and slap you up-side your head!!! LOL

LOL I'm not that lucky....LOML just read it and done it for you!!!:D

Gary K