PDA

View Full Version : Help the 40-ish guys!

Kevin Gerstenecker
01-09-2004, 7:19 PM
I voted and posted...........not that I am proud of being 43! Not sure where the 40-ish crowd went, but one thing is for sure. Aaron............Dude...........yer gonna pay for that shot at Ken! :D

But, in your defense, I will have to admit I laughed my butt off when I saw that! :D :D :D :D

Dennis Peacock
01-09-2004, 7:53 PM
I voted and posted...........not that I am proud of being 43! Not sure where the 40-ish crowd went, but one thing is for sure. Aaron............Dude...........yer gonna pay for that shot at Ken! :D

But, in your defense, I will have to admit I laughed my butt off when I saw that! :D :D :D :D

Kevin,

I thought I would be in the majority of the age group since I am 44. I guess there are more 51 to 60 than there are 41 to 50 at SMC.

BTW....I started a walnut turning last night and since my primary tool rest is broken in half, I was using my small rest that I use for turning pens.....wound up cathing my finger between the spinning wood and the tool rest......almost passed out twice trying to get to the house. I guess I will be taking a walkie-talkie with me to the shop so I can call loml for help in cases like that hugh? ;)

John Miliunas
01-09-2004, 10:50 PM
Kevin,

I thought I would be in the majority of the age group since I am 44. I guess there are more 51 to 60 than there are 41 to 50 at SMC.

BTW....I started a walnut turning last night and since my primary tool rest is broken in half, I was using my small rest that I use for turning pens.....wound up cathing my finger between the spinning wood and the tool rest......almost passed out twice trying to get to the house. I guess I will be taking a walkie-talkie with me to the shop so I can call loml for help in cases like that hugh? ;)

Hey Dennis, you OK? How bad did you snag yourself on this one? My spinny thing has sent me a "warning" or two, but I've managed to stay out of major harm's way. Hope all will be well! :cool:

Aaron Koehl
01-09-2004, 10:52 PM
I inadvertently left that line out-- sorry!

_Aaron_

Dennis Peacock
01-10-2004, 11:49 AM
Hey Dennis, you OK? How bad did you snag yourself on this one? My spinny thing has sent me a "warning" or two, but I've managed to stay out of major harm's way. Hope all will be well! :cool:

Mornin' John,

Yes, I'm OK.....I just have a finger that went from 1/2" thick to 3/16" thick in about .005 seconds is all and I have a rather serious "mashing" bruise on my ring finger that bruised the entire first joint and then entire end of the finger. Needless to say that t y p i n g is a bit challenging and painful when I forget about it.

Thanks for asking John, but I didn't have to go to the hospital or anything like that, but I went back to look at the wood and the tool rest position and I was very fortunate that it was just a "pinching between two objects" kind of accident as it appeared that I could have easily lost a finger if my hand had of been in a slightly different position.

John Miliunas
01-10-2004, 12:54 PM
Whew! Sounds like you missed a possible major issue! Hope it heals fast! I've kind of looked at my own tool rests after "near misses" and am considering different ones. The stock ones leave a lot to be desired. :cool: