PDA

View Full Version : Soprano's

Gary Keedwell
06-10-2007, 11:22 PM
Any Soprano fans out there? Did anybody catch the final show? I was left speechless. Kind of a lame ending if you ask me....:(

Gary K.

Roger Myers
06-10-2007, 11:25 PM
Yes...but keep in mind creekers on the West Coast haven't seen the show yet.... :)

Lee DeRaud
06-11-2007, 1:22 AM
Kind of a lame ending if you ask me....:( It would have needed two or three more rewrites to work its way up to "lame".

Tim Morton
06-11-2007, 6:59 AM
it was ridiculously LAME.....:mad: :mad:

Russ Filtz
06-11-2007, 7:27 AM
Why ruin a lame season with a good finale?

Mitchell Andrus
06-11-2007, 7:39 AM
If I had written it.... Tony would have watched the ducks land back in the pool. <fade to black>

skip coyne
06-11-2007, 7:48 AM
I liked it , thought it was perfect

Peter Stahl
06-11-2007, 8:53 AM
Worst finale I've ever seen for a show. The best was the Newhart finale. Like someone said this whole season was really lacking.

Jim Becker
06-11-2007, 8:59 AM
Can you say, "Movie" opportunity? (That was GMA's take...I don't watch the show or any nighttime TV, for that matter...)

Ken Werner
06-11-2007, 10:17 AM
I'm a fan, but don't get HBO. I end up seeing them on DVD or VHS. sigh. Seems like even the best series run out of stories, ideas, etc....fuggedaboudit.

Russ Filtz
06-11-2007, 2:16 PM
You can never get enough of mobsters whacking each other! Something that was seriously lacking this year, aside from last weeks build-up. WAY to much touchy-feely, symbology stuff that went nowhere this years.

Lee DeRaud
06-11-2007, 3:08 PM
You can never get enough of mobsters whacking each other! Something that was seriously lacking this year, aside from last weeks build-up. WAY to much touchy-feely, symbology stuff that went nowhere this years.Sounds like my description of most British mysteries:
"Long on suspects, short on victims."
(The exception, of course, is "Midsomer Murders". Remind me never to vacation there.)

Jack Hogoboom
06-11-2007, 4:19 PM
My wife and I loved it. The anticipation and anxiety I felt in the last 10 minutes were excruciating. Exactly what the director intended.

I've not liked other episodes, but this one was right on the money in my book. Beat the stuffing out of all of the MASH, Cheers and Seinfeld finales.

Tim Morton
06-11-2007, 5:29 PM
My wife and I loved it. The anticipation and anxiety I felt in the last 10 minutes were excruciating. Exactly what the director intended.

I've not liked other episodes, but this one was right on the money in my book. Beat the stuffing out of all of the MASH, Cheers and Seinfeld finales.

sorry, but 5 minutes of meadow trying to park a car and tony playing a jourrney song does not beat "Mash". I did like seeing Phil get killed and then run over as they fade to the "ford" emblem...."found on road dead":p

Gary Keedwell
06-11-2007, 6:00 PM
Yup....David Chase didn't have the rocks to end it.....Left door open for movie or even an HBO Mini-series.....What it all boils down to is money, money and more money. He left the central family and my favorite character, Paulie Walnuts alive and ready for more action.:cool:
Gary K.

John Shuk
06-11-2007, 8:06 PM
One interesting take I heard is that it flashes back to the conversation he had with Bobby Bacala in the boat. They were discussing what it is like when you die and they seemed to think that things just go to black. It's as plausible as anything else. By the way the boat scenes were filmed about 10 minutes from my house.

Tim Morton
06-11-2007, 9:09 PM
One interesting take I heard is that it flashes back to the conversation he had with Bobby Bacala in the boat. They were discussing what it is like when you die and they seemed to think that things just go to black. It's as plausible as anything else. By the way the boat scenes were filmed about 10 minutes from my house.

hmmmmm...now if thats the case it would change my WHOLE take on the ending. I think its being replayed tonight. Yes that is VERY interesting.:cool:

But would they not have chosen a different song on the jukebox?

thanks!!

Steve Clardy
06-12-2007, 5:05 PM
Show never got me excited enough to watch it.:)

Gary Keedwell
06-12-2007, 6:05 PM
Show never got me excited enough to watch it.:)

Don't understand...how you gonna get exicited if one doesn't watch it?:)

LOML and I didn't get into it until 3rd or fouth season. We started at the very beginning watching their DVD's. We liked it so much that we did week-end marathons. Didn't take that many weeks before we got caught up. That was about 5 years ago. Winter weekend Soprano marathons.....that was fun!!!!:D

Gary K.

Fred Voorhees
06-12-2007, 7:38 PM
I watched the show from the very beginning and was a major fan. I have to say, that the last two seasons were pretty much a let down and the final season.......forget about it, what a disaster. As someone else stated, just to much touchy feely stuff for a gangster series. Give me a good shootemup every week and I would be happy. The ending was such a darned letdown. I actually, as I'm sure were many more, thought that my sattalite dish went kaput when the show ended. That was until the credits began to roll. All in all though, I am glad that I latched onto the show from the beginning. It was a fantastic series.

Gary Keedwell
06-12-2007, 8:52 PM
I think they had the right mixture of violence and drama. Let's face it....even a gangster's life can be mundane. In real life the violence and killings don't happen every day, on the contrary, it is the exception not the rule. I think you really have to get to know the characters to really be shocked when they are whacked.
But I'll agree there was too much time in the shrink's chair.:(

Gary K.

Steve Clardy
06-12-2007, 9:05 PM
Don't understand...how you gonna get exicited if one doesn't watch it?:)

LOML and I didn't get into it until 3rd or fouth season. We started at the very beginning watching their DVD's. We liked it so much that we did week-end marathons. Didn't take that many weeks before we got caught up. That was about 5 years ago. Winter weekend Soprano marathons.....that was fun!!!!:D

Gary K.

Well. I'd rather watch Star Trak Voyager reruns.:rolleyes: :D :D

Frank Guerin
06-12-2007, 9:19 PM
I never watched one show but then again I'm still trying to understand the ending of Cheer's.

Randy Denby
06-12-2007, 10:10 PM
Well....foot! Now you got me wondering how Cheers ended.:(
Thats along about the time I quit watching much tv. Dont really know why I quit.I guess I didnt give many new shows a chance. Sounds like I missed a good show in the sopranos. Might have to start renting the episodes now.

Lee DeRaud
06-12-2007, 10:28 PM
Well. I'd rather watch Star Trak Voyager reruns.:rolleyes: :D :DOUCH!!! That's the first step down the slippery slope. Next thing you know, you've slipped through to 'Star Dreck: Enterprise', and a week or two later, you're addicted to 'Cattlecar Galaxative'. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Nancy Laird
06-12-2007, 10:31 PM
I've never watched it (don't have HBO and don't want it). I'd rather watch an episode of Law and Order (any one of them) any time. They get the bad guys (most of the time, anyway).

Nancy

Gary Keedwell
06-12-2007, 11:29 PM
I've never watched it (don't have HBO and don't want it). I'd rather watch an episode of Law and Order (any one of them) any time. They get the bad guys (most of the time, anyway).

Nancy
:D Yea....And the head honcho could be the next president of the USA.:eek:

Gary K.

John Shuk
06-13-2007, 8:53 PM

Nancy

Actually as a fan of Law and Order you might enjoy some of The Sopranos. Many of the cast members have been on L&O at some point or another and I believe David Chase had something to do with L&O at some point as well.

Chuck E Cobb
06-14-2007, 12:22 AM
They can make all the movies or HBO mini-series they want, I am done with HBO after this. I called and canceled HBO and the guy told me that HBO cancels where all he had been doing for hours. Folks where upset enough to stop giving HBO any more money.

I had heard they had real contempt for the viewers, they sure showed it with this ending.

Chuck

Lee DeRaud
06-14-2007, 1:09 AM
...and I believe David Chase had something to do with L&O at some point as well.Doesn't show up on his IMDB listing: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0153740/
His career pre-Sopranos is mostly 'Rockford Files' and 'Northern Exposure'.

Russ Filtz
06-14-2007, 8:01 AM
A lot of people cancel and re-up between major series. They've be on the downswing lately. Remember there for awhile it's all I was watching, they had Soprano's, Band of Brothers, Six Feet Under, all at the same time.

Just wait a few and Deadwood should be back on!

Ronald Seto
06-24-2007, 1:54 PM
I would guess that HBO/David Chase have a revival series in mind. I don't have HBO, so I didn't see the last episode.

Russ Filtz
06-25-2007, 8:02 AM
Get the DVD sets off of eBay. That's what I did to catch up. Sold them afterward. One season set I even made a profit on I think! Much nicer watching several episodes at once. The entire series was a good ride. The very last 6 or 8 episodes were a little lacking though (except for the next to last )

Tyler Howell
07-20-2007, 8:45 AM
I've been dodging this thread till I finished. I've been buying the DVDs or getting them for Xmas. Have the whole series. Just finished it on a bootleg DVD:rolleyes: :rolleyes: . Couldn't wait:o . With the glitches in the DVD, I wasn't sure if that was the end or a SNAFU.
I was pleased to see Philly got his. :mad:
I guess that is the way it should have ended. Kinda lame. Tony's going to have to pay some day.
Interesting how the FBI guy turned.