PDA

View Full Version : Some Turnings for Mom.

Kevin Gerstenecker
01-09-2004, 4:33 PM
I had a request for a few small, unique gifts from my Mom, and ya gotta keep Mom happy! I turned these the past few days, and I wanted to share them with you. The Confetti Lamp is Cherry, with 2 coats of Tung Oil. It is approx. 2 3/4" tall. The Box Elder Potpourri Bowl is also finished with 2 coats of Tung Oil, and it is 2" tall, and approx. 4 1/2" in diameter. (The Potpourri Bowl has a Pewter Lid.) The Bowl is also Box Elder, and it also was finished with Tung Oil, and it is 3" tall, and 9 1/2" in diameter. As for the Bowl, Mom wanted something "Simple, and Sleek", and I think I accomplished that? (I'm a little tired of looking at Box Elder, but that is what she wanted.....she likes the different coloration in the wood.) At least it looks simple and sleek to me? :D Believe it or not, I am now going to do some flat work for a change...............I kinda miss it! ;) Thanks for taking a look, it is my pleasure to be able to share my work.......as always. :D

Julie Wright
01-09-2004, 4:34 PM
Very Nice, I really love the box elder with the red in it.

Jim Becker
01-09-2004, 4:52 PM
Your mom is very lucky...that small box elder piece is really interesting looking with the red and grey.

Bob Lasley
01-09-2004, 4:53 PM
Nice turnings Kevin. Mom should be happy with those. I like that Box Elder too, even if you are getting tired of it. Glad to hear you are doing some flat work. I was beginning to think you had forgotten what it was! :D

Bob

Steve Inniss
01-09-2004, 5:24 PM
That's beautiful wood Kevin. Tired of it-do you have elder woods around you or something?

John Shuk
01-09-2004, 11:17 PM
I'm pretty new here.(I lurked for a while) But I am glad you can share your stuff too. Really nice work. It inspires me to get downstairs and work with some wood every time I see the great stuff you and other people post. Thanks for taking the time to share it.
John

Wolf Kiessling
01-09-2004, 11:42 PM
I had a request for a few small, unique gifts from my Mom, and ya gotta keep Mom happy! I turned these the past few days, and I wanted to share them with you. The Confetti Lamp is Cherry, with 2 coats of Tung Oil. It is approx. 2 3/4" tall. The Box Elder Potpourri Bowl is also finished with 2 coats of Tung Oil, and it is 2" tall, and approx. 4 1/2" in diameter. (The Potpourri Bowl has a Pewter Lid.) The Bowl is also Box Elder, and it also was finished with Tung Oil, and it is 3" tall, and 9 1/2" in diameter. As for the Bowl, Mom wanted something "Simple, and Sleek", and I think I accomplished that? (I'm a little tired of looking at Box Elder, but that is what she wanted.....she likes the different coloration in the wood.) At least it looks simple and sleek to me? :D Believe it or not, I am now going to do some flat work for a change...............I kinda miss it! ;) Thanks for taking a look, it is my pleasure to be able to share my work.......as always. :D

I'm with your Mom, Kevin, I also love box elder. Mighty fine work, too. Matter of fact, when you get real tired of it, just give me what you got left :D :D :D

Wolf

Scott Coffelt
01-10-2004, 12:07 AM
Looks really nice. I like the reds int he wood.

Ace Karner
01-10-2004, 1:07 AM
Knuckle dragger just showin' off the way I figure.

Really now, beautiful work Kev, at this point anything I can say is just superfluousness.

Who would have thought an old Texas biker knew words like that. rofl

:D

Sparky Paessler
01-10-2004, 8:48 AM
Great work Kevin. Love that Box Elder wood.

Glenn Hodges
01-10-2004, 9:20 AM
Box elder and a talented man, unique combination makes lovely presents for friends and families. Keven you have created something special, thanks for sharring it with us.

Mark Singer
01-10-2004, 9:27 AM
Kevin,
Beautiful work! It is a great feeling to make something wonderful for your Mom. I can see the special care you put into theese fine pieces. I know your Mom will love them.
Be well.

Jason Tuinstra
01-10-2004, 11:54 AM
Kevin,

I must say, I'm not a huge box elder guy, but that potpourri bowl is fantastic! When you consider the mixed coloration of potpourri, it seems like a perfect choice. Great job on everything, of course, but that p.b. is just perfect. Thanks for sharing. Jason