PDA

View Full Version : Member Russ Svenningsen

Chad Pater
06-10-2007, 1:37 PM
Saw this today in the Marshall Independent
http://www.marshallindependent.com/News/articles.asp?articleID=13203

Here is the picture and article. Thought you would like to know.

Photo by Deb Gau

Strong winds and storms on Thursday left lots of downed tree limbs in Marshall, but nothing as extreme as the locust tree that fell on Russ Svenningsen’s house and garage on Walnut Street. Workers were removing portions of the trunk on Friday morning.

Svenningsen said his children and a neighbor’s children were outside playing right before the storm hit. He and the kids took shelter in the garage. No one was injured.

“I heard a sound almost like a shotgun going off. That must have been the trunk,” Svenningsen said.

The falling tree punched a hole in the garage roof and collapsed a couple of ceilings in the house. The Svenningsens are staying with friends until the damage can be repaired.

“People and the neighbors have just been so great to help out,” Svenningsen said.

Darrin Davis
06-10-2007, 9:49 PM
Looks like turning stock to me!

Jim Becker
06-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Wow...not something I'd wish on anyone! Hopefully, Russ and his family will not be out of their home for too long and I'm glad that they are all safe and un-injured.

Chad Pater
06-12-2007, 12:18 AM
Wow...not something I'd wish on anyone! Hopefully, Russ and his family will not be out of their home for too long and I'm glad that they are all safe and un-injured.

That is my take too. I haven't heard from him, hopefully thing can get back to normal soon.

Steve Clardy
06-12-2007, 4:59 PM
Maybe we need to start a fund drive to help Russ out.

Where's John Bailey? Our fund driver