PDA

View Full Version : Print Merge

Jeff Chumbley
06-10-2007, 1:31 PM
I need help please! I have an order for 50 equipment tags. I managed to get the print merge to work fine but how do I go about sending to laser. It is 5 pages long. I get a print file error and only the first page is shown.
Can I print this merge page by page?
Or can I save it and then send it page by page. Everything that I try sends the whole file over but only page 1 shows in the lcd screen when i view file to be run.

Scott Shepherd
06-10-2007, 3:11 PM
Jeff, best place I found it decribed was on Roy Brewers tutorial here :

http://www.engravingconcepts.com/flash_coreldraw.htm

It has several, watch them and see if that solves your problem.

Jeff Chumbley
06-10-2007, 3:51 PM
I bought the Roy Brewer cd's from ARA a while back and have watched all 3 lessons on print merge but i dont see how to do the number of pages. Its might be somewhere else on them but dont have time now to review all the lessons,.

Thanks anyway

Roy Brewer
06-11-2007, 1:03 AM
I have an order for 50 equipment tags. I managed to get the print merge to work fine but how do I go about sending to laser. It is 5 pages long. Sorry Jeff, but your TT will only handle one "signature" at a time. You'll need to open your print merge file and "uncheck" all "records" after that which will fill one signature(what Corel Imposition tool calls pages). While that signature is printing, return to the merge file and uncheck those and check the next 10(?).

All later models of Epilog lasers will handle multiple page documents and multiple signatures; but, TT and older will not.

Jeff Chumbley
06-11-2007, 2:26 PM
Thanks Roy,

I knew I should have waited another year to buy my laser. Epilog isn't doing any upgrades to the drivers and it's not as sophisticated a machine as the new ones. It does do its job though.

Jeff

Jeff Chumbley
06-11-2007, 2:37 PM
Sorry Roy I do not see where you are talking about "all" and "records" when I open the print merge. Is it in print preview or something?

Roy Brewer
06-12-2007, 12:42 AM
Sorry Roy I do not see where you are talking about "all" and "records" when I open the print merge. Is it in print preview or something?Jeff,

I mean re open the merge file. While your PrintMerge tool bar is still open, the 2nd icon is "edit the merge file." The data you input is still up in memory; when you look at that which you entered you'll see a checkbox beside each record(plate).
Patty's suggestion on the other forum, however, might be just as easy --- this is just the way I do it on a TT.

Jeff Chumbley
06-13-2007, 10:25 AM
Thanks again Roy I got it to work with Patty's method but like I said its cumbersome.

When I do my equipment tag jobs I send the raster file first. Then I mask the plastic and send the vector file over to cut them out so I have to go into preflight and make my changes to the settings.