PDA

View Full Version : A fun posting - "Anna Canna Tuna"

Wolf Kiessling
01-09-2004, 4:32 PM
This particular piece of work was produced using both power and hand tools so i THINK (gee, that didn't even hurt) this is the appropriate forum to post this. I'm doing so because it's Friday and I believe that this might produce a chuckle or two.

I don't usually carve caricatures but this piece, titled "Anna Canna Tuna", is so wonderful that I took a seminar to carve it just so I can have a copy without having to buy one. The piece was designed, and the seminar was taught, by, IMHO, one of the top ten caricature carvers in the US of A, Ronnie Reed. The title I believe came from one of Ronnie's peers, Phil Bishop, maybe an even better caricature man.

I do plan on carving a companion piece to it sometime within the next couple of years. I have just ordered a piece of basswood for it, I have the design in my mind, but will not commit it to paper until I get the wood in hand. It will be a cowboy and titled "It sure ain't easy bein' a sex symbol". See how prepared I am? Even have a title. Now all I gotta do is hustle up and do the work. :D

In any event, enough of the bs, meet "Anna Canna Tuna".

Kevin Gerstenecker
01-09-2004, 4:40 PM
Hey Wolf...............I think I know her! :D That is again, amazing work, and it made my day. That is seriously outrageous, and very funny to look at. I'll bet that was one carving that made ya chuckle a time or two during the process. Your other work is great too Wolf, but a little humor is needed now and again, and this one fits the bill. VERY neat! Thanks for posting the photo of "Anna Canna Tuna".............she is a Doll! :D

(The dress on her back side area is just TOO much Wolf!) :D :D :D

Bob Lasley
01-09-2004, 4:47 PM
Wolf,

I agree with Kevin, she is a doll. Poor ol' gal had a rough life!

Keep crankin' 'em out, cause I sure do like lookin' at 'em.

Bob

Mark Singer
01-09-2004, 5:16 PM
Wolf,
I love it!
Mark

Terry Quiram
01-09-2004, 6:50 PM
Wolf, thats great. Is that a big toe sticking out of her right shoe? How tall is Anna?

Terry

Jason Roehl
01-09-2004, 7:11 PM
Hmmm.....wow. Dunno what to say, other than "that's different." But, I'm definitely quite amused by it. :D :D

Bruce Page
01-09-2004, 7:43 PM
Wolf, whenever I see a new post with your name on it, I know it’s going to be something extraordinary!

Well Done!

John Shuk
01-09-2004, 11:12 PM
Boy, I didn't know my mother-in-law ever traveled to Oklahoma to be a model. LOL. On the serious side I am stunned. You are truly skilled while the piece is funny you are one seriously good carver. The expression, the eyes, the detail of the droopy butt.......Great work.

Dale Thompson
01-09-2004, 11:30 PM
Wolf,
When I agreed to pose for your next carving, you never mentioned that a picture would be posted on SMC!! FANTASTIC WORK!! But where can I hide?? :D

Dale T.

Wolf Kiessling
01-09-2004, 11:36 PM
Wolf, thats great. Is that a big toe sticking out of her right shoe? How tall is Anna?

Terry

That is her toe, Terry, but it's not sticking out of her shoe. She is wearing socks. I know, the pic is crappy :( and it's hard to tell. She is 2 ft tall.

Wolf

Ace Karner
01-10-2004, 1:14 AM
I'm just trying to figure exactly when you met my ex wife. LOL

Ken Salisbury
01-10-2004, 3:29 PM
I know her -- she is from Tijuana, Mexico -- met her in '54. What a "sweetheart". :D

Mike Evertsen
01-10-2004, 5:01 PM
I'm in love,,,, that what my dates looked like in the morning but I swear they looked like 10's when I brought them home,,,,,

Ed Falis
01-10-2004, 5:51 PM
I'm in love,,,, that what my dates looked like in the morning but I swear they looked like 10's when I brought them home,,,,,

Mike,

It's starting to sound like "coyote ugly". ;-)

Wolf, very nice piece of carving. Look forward to the cowboy consort.

- Ed