PDA

View Full Version : Mesquite HF

Mark Cothren
06-09-2007, 4:41 PM
This is a chunk of Mesquite that I got from some Texas brushpopper named Ernie Nyvall. It ended up 9-1/2" x 4-1/2" and is finished with antique oil.

Not sure it qualifies as a hollow form since the natural opening is so big... and since there isn't a collar on it hiding the inside. But it is what it is...

Comments/critiques/suggestions/pithy witicisms/opinions welcomed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/markfromark/MesquiteHF01-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/markfromark/MesquiteHF02-1.jpg

Bill Wyko
06-09-2007, 4:46 PM
Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. I'm going to have to try something like that someday. Any tips on jumping the gap? A piece like that would go over real well with the LOML.:)

Steve Schlumpf
06-09-2007, 5:23 PM
Beautiful work Mark! I figure it has to be a hollow form cause you would have way to much work getting the ice cream out if it was a bowl! Beautiful color, form and finish! Thanks for posting!

TYLER WOOD
06-09-2007, 5:32 PM
Your right. It is what it is, and it is beautiful. A piece by any temr looking like this is beautiful.!!!

Dennis Peacock
06-09-2007, 6:27 PM
Yup....That's a real beauty there Mark!!! That's a really beautiful NEHF!!! ;) :D

Curt Fuller
06-09-2007, 7:05 PM
Man Mark, you just keep cranking them out. I love that ragged edge natural opening. Another beauty!

Jim Becker
06-09-2007, 7:28 PM
No comments other than...wow...outstanding piece and very interesting with the way the natural edge opening "tipped" over to the side. Wonderful!

Mark Cothren
06-10-2007, 12:16 AM
Any tips on jumping the gap? A piece like that would go over real well with the LOML.:)

Just do I like do... shut your eyes and hope for the best...:eek: :)

Patrick Taylor
06-10-2007, 12:30 AM
Just wonderful. Thanks for sharing the photo. :)

Bernie Weishapl
06-10-2007, 1:04 AM
Mark that is a real beauty. I like the form and finish. Nice job.

Benjamin Dahl
06-10-2007, 7:32 AM
Mark, that is great. love the form and opening.
Ben

Ernie Nyvall
06-10-2007, 8:19 AM
BRUSHpopper??? Well if your hungry, you gotta round up those rattle snakes somehow... and thirsty... why I've drunk water from a hoofprint after a rain. Don't go actin like your a talkin to no tenderfoot. Why I'll.................

Kaptan J.W. Meek
06-10-2007, 8:31 AM
Do we still consider "Dayton" a part of Texas?.. I thought we expelled them or something.. If ever I meet one of them Texas Waddies from Dayton, that ain't drunk water from a hoofprint, I think I'll buy 'em a Daniel Webster Cigar".. Just Kidding Mr. Nyvall...

Oh, and that's a really fine job on a nice hunk of BBQ wood. Alot of people woulda smoked some ribs and brisket over that chunk.. shame ain't it?

Ernie Nyvall
06-10-2007, 8:51 AM
Do we still consider "Dayton" a part of Texas?.. I thought we expelled them or something.. If ever I meet one of them Texas Waddies from Dayton, that ain't drunk water from a hoofprint, I think I'll buy 'em a Daniel Webster Cigar".. Just Kidding Mr. Nyvall...

Yea, we're Texas... just not sophisticated. I mean, we'd probably never even think of paying for all kinds of stadiums, and then go and pay to sit in them. I know I couldn't figure out something like that. We usually just go ahead own what we buy.:p :D

Mark Cothren
06-10-2007, 9:00 AM

Oh, and that's a really fine job on a nice hunk of BBQ wood. Alot of people woulda smoked some ribs and brisket over that chunk.. shame ain't it?

Kaptan Meek, I'm likin' you better and better... quotin' the Duke... givin' Ernie a hard time... yep... likin' you better and better...:D

Tom Sherman
06-10-2007, 1:40 PM
Mark that's a real nice HF. Ol' Ernie hooked you up with some great wood...not from the pond mowing incident was it?

Joseph Peacock
06-10-2007, 2:46 PM
THAT'S VERY GOOD Mr.Mark!!!!!!;) :D :cool:

Keith Burns
06-10-2007, 3:01 PM
Mark, what can I say ?? Excellent and perfect come to mind !! Great work from Conway:) :)

Nancy Laird
06-10-2007, 3:04 PM
"Exquisite" is the first word that popped into my mind when I saw this one, Mark.

Nancy