PDA

View Full Version : Who makes Pinnacle?

Randy Klein
06-09-2007, 11:52 AM
I've been trying to find Pinnacle's website but am having a difficult time. It seems that there are only on woodcraft's site.

Is Pinnacle a woodcraft brand or does anyone know what their website is?

Peter Pedisich
06-09-2007, 11:56 AM
Looks like Woodpecker's stuff, but black...could be wrong though.

Randy Klein
06-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Wow, you're right, they're identical except for color...

Jason White
06-09-2007, 12:10 PM
It is manufactured by Woodpecker.

JW

I've been trying to find Pinnacle's website but am having a difficult time. It seems that there are only on woodcraft's site.

Is Pinnacle a woodcraft brand or does anyone know what their website is?

Tim Malyszko
06-09-2007, 1:02 PM
I have a number of Pinnacle stuff and it is Woodpecker.

From my experiences, it's very nice stuff.

Tim Malyszko
06-09-2007, 1:04 PM
Here is the "Pinnacle" Website.

http://www.woodpeck.com/woodcraftprod.html

Randy Klein
06-09-2007, 1:57 PM
That's it, thanks.

So, is the pinnacle (black) line less quality or just different branding than the woodpecker (red) stuff?

Tim Malyszko
06-09-2007, 2:41 PM
That's it, thanks.

So, is the pinnacle (black) line less quality or just different branding than the woodpecker (red) stuff?

I can't speak for everything, but my 24" straight edge (serx24) looks, feels and weighs exactly like the equivalent Woodpecker. The fitted MDF wall case is the same. The only difference is the paint scheme. I assume that this is true for all the measuring tools.

Bill Wyko
06-09-2007, 4:24 PM
I was just looking at their turning tools at Woodcraft today and their made in China. I have no idea who imports them though.

Dennis Peacock
06-09-2007, 4:39 PM
From what I've read is that all their "setup" tools have very tight tolerances and appear to be both well made and accurate.

Bill Wyko
06-09-2007, 4:42 PM
I would concur, the quality seems to be to notch. The Crown was calling my name though and I had to quiet them down before they got me in trouble. So I put them in a bag and headed to the register.:D

Dennis Peacock
06-09-2007, 6:37 PM
I would concur, the quality seems to be to notch. The Crown was calling my name though and I had to quiet them down before they got me in trouble. So I put them in a bag and headed to the register.:D

You're such a meany Bill!!! Hidding a Crown like that. Isn't that considered kid knapping? :p :D

Tim Malyszko
06-09-2007, 6:49 PM
Since we are speaking of Pinnacle, I also use their honing guide on a regular basis and absolutely love it. It's very easy to setup and does a great job when used with my DMT diamond plate and Shapton Water Stones.

Brian Gumpper
06-09-2007, 9:16 PM
Pinnacle is a Woodcraft brand. The marking and measuring products are clearly made by Woodpeckers and the chisels and such are imported. There is no Pinnacle website.

Randy Klein
06-09-2007, 9:48 PM
I guess that clears it all up now. I wish Woodcraft would have that info on their websites.

Anyways, does anyone have any opinions on the 12" T-square?

Chris Rosenberger
06-10-2007, 8:43 AM
I guess that clears it all up now. I wish Woodcraft would have that info on their websites.

Anyways, does anyone have any opinions on the 12" T-square?

I have have been using one for over a year now. It is a very useful tool.

John Lucas
06-10-2007, 8:52 AM
I have their (Woodpecker) 8 x 12 square and it is wonderful to use and guaranteed for life to be at .001 accuracy.

http://www.woodshopdemos.com/copy_of_www_woodshopdemos_com/fes-sq29.jpg

Here is the page on square: http://www.woodshopdemos.com/copy_of_www_woodshopdemos_com/fes-sq-1.htm

Luis Oliveira
06-10-2007, 9:14 AM
Randy,

I purchased the 24" T-Square, and the 24" SERX- Straight Edge, very precise tools. The reason I bought the 24" T-square was because I was building cabinets and needed a way to cut plywood to size. Some of the pieces were 60" in length and my table saw is a contractor type with no side table and no outfeed table. The 24" T-Square was dead on and I was able to produce very square cuts.

When I bought mine the only choice was woodpeckers, and once in a while they send out flyer specials, that is how a bought mine. $90.
The strait edge I use to tune my tools, one more of many tools I use to tune.

As far as pinnacle, I seam to remember that was the brand I saw when these tools were first introduced at woodpeckers.
I have no facts here but when I saw that the same tools were re-branded woodpeckers and then I saw the same line at woodcraft. I can only imagine that pinnacle is one of those phantom companies that concentrate in precisions tools and they sell and re-brand their tools to anyone that wants to sell them.

Doug Pettway
08-03-2007, 11:51 PM
i was told the other day that Pinnacle is the house brand of Woodcraft. i purchased their precision triangle set and a crown try-square. after testing, the Crown square was not true and i returned it. the Pinnacle stuff so far seems extremely accurate.

i'll have to add a straight edge and t-square to my wish list now.

Daniel Hillmer
05-09-2008, 3:58 PM
Hi,

I was wondering, does anyone make a 36 inch t square similar to the accuracy of the pinnacle - woodpeck? I checked on both woodcraft and woodpeck sites, and neither seem to have a 36 inch.

Jim Becker
05-09-2008, 5:48 PM
Pinnacle is Woodcraft's relatively new "house brand". I suspect you'll find that many manufacturers contribute stuff to the line...

Mike Spanbauer
05-09-2008, 5:53 PM
Daniel,

They are made, but you might choke on the price. What are you doing that requires that kind of precision that a 24" won't accomodate?

I like the woodpecker stuff.

mike

Cary Falk
05-09-2008, 6:05 PM
I have their (Woodpecker) 8 x 12 square and it is wonderful to use and guaranteed for life to be at .001 accuracy.

http://www.woodshopdemos.com/copy_of_www_woodshopdemos_com/fes-sq29.jpg

Here is the page on square: http://www.woodshopdemos.com/copy_of_www_woodshopdemos_com/fes-sq-1.htm

I have this same square and thought the lifetime guarantee was nice. The one at Woodcraft is the same but does not say it has a lifetime guarantee. I got mine on sale so it was the same priced shipped as I could have got local at Woodcraft. I am curious if the Woodcraft versions have a lifetime guarantee.