PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Epilog Mini Calabration Problem

Brian Robison
06-09-2007, 9:03 AM
Hi Folks, the gremlis got me!
It's Sat morning and I NEED to run the laser.
Last night I started a job and it ended up off center. Ruined a brass plate:(
I checked the calabration and it was way off. Like over .100. So I calabrated it and got it dead on. I started working this morning and it was off .200 the other way. All of this is in the X. So I cleaned the decoder strip and re calabrated it again. Got it dead on again. I run a ruined sample to check for center and it's off. I do my calabration and it's off .100 again. What's going on? Any thoughts?

Roy Brewer
06-09-2007, 2:40 PM
>>>I do my calabration and it's off .100 again. <<<

Brian,

Don't get angry, but I have to ask if you're sure your layout is right? That is, do you have the print driver Piece Size equal to Corel's page size?

If yes, then it certainly sounds like either an encoder problem or it could be a failing X-Axis motor.

to eliminate the possibility of it being an encoder problem:
1) clean the encoder head (reader) in addition to the encoder strip
2) completely remove the encoder strip and flip it left/right (as opposed to up/down).

If it's a motor, not much you can do till tech support can get you one first of the week. I'm always available on my cell phone if you'd like to discuss 817 455 4470

HTH

Brian Robison
06-09-2007, 7:53 PM
Hi Roy,
Yeah, the lay out's right. It won't repeat running the same job. I can calabrate, run the test, stick another part in and get different results with out sending a new job. I've cleaned the strip and the head. I'll try flipping it next.

Thanks,
Brian

Brian Robison
06-11-2007, 8:11 AM
I just wanted to bring this to the top. I haven't flipped the encoder strip yet. When I do, how does the machine know where home position is at?

Scott Shepherd
06-11-2007, 8:25 AM
I'd call Tech support before doing anything else, it's Monday and they are open.

Scott Shepherd
06-11-2007, 7:49 PM
Brian, did you get this resolved today? If so, what was the issue? Just curious.