PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to the moderators

Benjimin Young
06-09-2007, 7:26 AM
Thanks to the moderators

I wanted to post this in the busiest section but thought it would be off topic so I decide to post it here in the Off Topic Forum.

On many occasions, I have told my friends about this great woodworking forum with friendly members who share information and "flaming" just does not exist.

I naively neglected to realize that the quality of the forum is not just due to the great members but also due to the excellent background work of the moderators. So I wanted to take a minute and say THANK YOU to the moderators for keeping this a great place to share, collaborate, and have fun.

Ben
:)

Tyler Howell
06-09-2007, 8:02 AM
What he said!!!

Jim Becker
06-09-2007, 9:28 AM
This forum is actually moderated by the membership...including having access the tools to do it:

Any thanks should go there, not to the "staff" who just do the membership's bidding.

mark page
06-09-2007, 4:11 PM
Amen!!!!!!

Dennis Peacock
06-09-2007, 4:22 PM
Thanks Ben!!!!! I appreciate your kind comments.

Forum moderation, like Jim Becker stated, is also moderated by the members. The little "triangle" icon is a vehicle that the members may use to "report a post" that is in question or needs review/attention by the moderator staff.

So....overall? It's a staff/members kinda of joint effort. So it's Thanks To Everyone. :D

glenn bradley
06-09-2007, 4:38 PM
Here, here and let's all remember to use the exclamation point button if we need it and the blocking tool is available on an individual basis as well.

Thanks to our member/moderators.

Andy Hoyt
06-09-2007, 8:04 PM
Quick! Somebody report this thread. :D

Thanks.

Pat Germain
06-10-2007, 10:23 AM
Forums without moderators are just about useless. No matter what the topic, everything just breaks down into anarchy. Between trolls, flamers, spammers and just plain jerks, it's just a bunch of virtual white noise.

What I find especially disappointing are individuals who quite literally can't write a sentence without profanity. And, we've all heard morons who speak the same way. :rolleyes:

So, I say to our moderators, many thanks for your efforts.