PDA

View Full Version : new projects 2/3

Roger Barga
06-09-2007, 3:33 AM
I haven’t posted to the forum in several months, though I continue to visit regularly to get advice and inspiration from other projects. I figured it was high time to quit lurking and post some photos and details of recent projects.

My wife had been asking been asking for a full length mirror for our bedroom for quite some time and I finally decided it was time to listen that ‘little voice’... I found a simple beveled mirror at our local box stores and decided to build around this. When I found a figured maple board in the lumber racks at our local lumber store I selected this for the frame; their prices for dimensioned lumber such as maple is overpriced but often enough they have a piece or two of beautifully figured maple in the racks so I check from time to time. I ripped the maple and cut a template to route a slight fair curve in the sides (photo 1). I had a remnant from a previous marquetry project which I incorporated as a panel in the mirror (photo 2). The top and bottom were made from cherry scraps I had on hand. I used Daly’s ProFin to finish the mirror.

Thanks for looking…

Mike Cutler
06-09-2007, 6:48 AM
Very elegant Roger. The marquetry is very well done.

Well done!

Ted Calver
06-09-2007, 8:27 AM
Very nice Roger. The marquetry is something special. I sure would like to see the project that was left over from.

Jim Becker
06-09-2007, 9:08 AM
Wow, Roger...you need to post MORE of your beautiful work!

Jeffrey Makiel
06-09-2007, 9:16 AM
Roger...that looks wonderful!
-Jeff :)

Don Bullock
06-09-2007, 9:35 AM
Beautiful. The wood choice stunning. Excellent craftsmanship.

Brian Kent
06-09-2007, 10:10 AM
Roger,

Excellent use of contrasting woods. Your many unusual design features end up as one striking piece. Way to go!

Mike Shoemaker
06-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Very nice, Beautiful

Fred Gross
06-09-2007, 10:26 AM
Roger, gorgeous work! Your level of patience, skill and attention to detail is the kind I hope to achieve someday.....