PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Bummer

Eric Bong
06-09-2007, 12:53 AM
Well, I ordered a Delta 22-580 on sale from Amazon. It arrived today. The UPS guy just dropped it by the front door and was driving away when my wife came out. He was nice enough to stop and put the box in the garage. He noted to her that there was some shipping damage on the box and said that he would file some paperwork on it (whatever that means). I got home to this.... The box looked really bad. The pictures are of the worst of it. A complete puncture of both the cardboard box and styrafoam. Additionally the bottom half of the styrafoam was in about 5 pieces. The entire bottom had separated from the sldes. I called amazon to verify that I could open it to inspect the planer and still be able to return it. They assured me that I could. The third picture is a closeup of the damage to the front of the planer. While it looks cosmetic the last ding (the one circled in red) is on the infeed table. They hit it hard enough to push the entire table out of alignment and it now has a distinct crown. Amazon is sending a replacement. Bummer, I was hoping to use it this weekend. oh well

Chris Rosenberger
06-09-2007, 1:23 AM
Sorry to hear about the damage. Mine arrived with a beat up box. The planer was fine though. I was surprized how heavy these things are.