PDA

View Full Version : Dewalt DW716 CMS problem

Chris Brault
06-08-2007, 11:54 PM
Has anyone with this saw or a newer dewalt cms had any trouble with their brake?

I've had mine for about a year and a half and have loved the saw, so far!! It started making some horrible racket when i'd let off the switch. I debated on tearing into it myself to see if i could figure out what was going on-- changed my mind and brought it to the shop and haven't heard a report back on it yet. They are supposed to give me a bid (if it's not covered by warranty), before they start fixing it. I've also been wondering with all brands of compound miter saws out there if this brake system is just a high maintenance thing? I guess i just hate breakdowns, with a passion!!!!!!!!! Has anybody on here had a miter saw last without a breakdown for 4-5-6 years??????? If so , what make and model??? Just curious. If this one is shot for some reason ( I hope it's not), I think i might buy a Hitachi. The dewalt is just my second CMS, the first one i bought was a ridgid- and it didn't make it a month for me-probably just a fluke, but returned it and got the dewalt.