PDA

View Full Version : Why I've been MIA lately...

Bill Grumbine
06-08-2007, 7:57 PM
Greetings all

I have been around very little of late, even less than normal, and below is the reason why.

http://www.enter.net/~ultradad/GretaDad1.jpg

Our oldest daughter Greta became Mrs. Anthony Selvereo last weekend. This is the first wedding for us since we got married way back in 1984. I guess you might say this is turning related, since I turned her over to another man's care. Almost a whole week has gone by and they are still married, so that is a good sign. Many of you here who have been to the house for picnics or turning will probably remember Greta, and some may remember her apple dumplings.

Bill

PS Don't expect to see me strapped into a suit very often either...

Jason Roehl
06-08-2007, 8:46 PM
Congrats, Bill!

My biz partner's oldest daughter is getting married in a few weeks. Seems like just yesterday she was an excitable little girl.

I don't put on a suit very often, either, but I don't mind.

Our best to your daughter and son-in-law, and we pray that their marriage is a long a joyous one.

Kent Fitzgerald
06-08-2007, 9:11 PM
You clean up pretty good, Bill.

Congratulations!!

Dennis Peacock
06-08-2007, 9:14 PM
Congrats Bill.!!!! And to Greta & Anthony!!!!!

Wow Bill.....you clean up pretty good. ;)

Mike Cutler
06-08-2007, 9:18 PM
Well, if you're going to be MIA. That looks like a mighty fine reason Bill.

Congratulations to your daughter, and your new Son in Law.

You do clean up good.;)

Jim Becker
06-08-2007, 9:53 PM
Woah!! Swav-ay and De-boner, Bill!!! And the bride looks absolutely lovely. Congratulations to all!!!

Bruce Page
06-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Congratulations Bill! I’ve married off two daughters. Each time there were tears & cheers!
May your lovely daughter and new son-in-law spend the rest of their lives in happiness!

Mark Stutz
06-08-2007, 11:04 PM
Wow! I had to look twice to make sure that was you! And even wearing a tie!:eek: :D Please give my best to the happy couple.

Mark

Wes Bischel
06-08-2007, 11:16 PM
Congratulations to Greta and Anthony! - oh, and you and the Mrs. as well:D

One of the better reasons to be MIA.

Wes

Pat Germain
06-09-2007, 12:04 AM
The Bible says when a man gets married, he no longer belongs to his parents, but to his wife. It doesn't say this about daughters. Therefore, our girls will always be our girls. ;)

Great pic. Congratulations.

glenn bradley
06-09-2007, 2:08 AM
You are hereby forgiven. All the best to you and your's.

Dave Anderson NH
06-09-2007, 9:12 AM
Gee Bill, all you really had to do was show up.:D Congratulations to you and Lisa, and naturally Greta. May Greta and Anthony they have great happiness in their life together.

Lee Schierer
06-09-2007, 9:21 PM
Congratulations Bill, just remember you didn't lose a daughter you gained a son in law. That walk down the aisle with your daughter is one you will always remember and so will she. Best wishes to the new bride and groom.

Lee

Mark Cothren
06-09-2007, 10:13 PM
Congratulations Bill!

The Bible says when a man gets married, he no longer belongs to his parents, but to his wife. It doesn't say this about daughters. Therefore, our girls will always be our girls. ;)

As the father of a married daughter I'd like to say a big AAAAAAAAAMEN to this!!! ;) :D

Bill Grumbine
06-11-2007, 8:21 PM
Yeah, all I had to do was show up.... (and stay out of the way of rampaging women). I will tell you all the truth, we were all in fear for our lives for a while, me, the groom, and the second Anthony, who wants to marry Sarah. Yeah, I have one son-in-law named Anthony who drives trucks for a living. His son is named Anthony. Sarah is engaged to a guy named Anthony, who - guess what? - DRIVES TRUCKS FOR A LIVING!!! :eek:

Emily does not have a chance.

Bill

Tyler Howell
06-11-2007, 9:22 PM
What they said!

Ken Fitzgerald
06-11-2007, 9:27 PM
Congrats Bill! May Greta and Anthony have a long and happy marriage and life together!

Mark Pruitt
06-11-2007, 9:32 PM
Bill, you look like a different guy than the one I saw just a week earlier!:eek: :p
Yup...you do clean up good; and I'm with you about not wanting to be "strapped into a suit" too. Gimmie blue jeans and a pullover any day!
My congrats to the bride and groom. He's a lucky fella!

Chris Padilla
06-12-2007, 3:24 PM
Well from another guy who is MIA-->Congratulations! I hope it is at least 18-20 more years before I "turn" over my 5 year old daughter! :D

Brett Baldwin
06-12-2007, 4:07 PM
You have a perfectly sound and logical reason for not wearing ties. Imagine the disaster a tie and a lathe getting together would cause!

Congrats to you and your family.

Fred Voorhees
06-12-2007, 7:40 PM
Congratulations Bill! My wife and I will be going through the same deal next weekend when our son Jim and his fiance get hitched up in Scranton,PA.