PDA

View Full Version : Norms DIY shows

Fred Voorhees
06-08-2007, 7:35 PM
Well, it appears that Norms DIY shows are now in rotation and there are no new ones (well at least for this series) showing up. Does anyone know if they plan on airing any different ones than they have already run?

Jay Keller
06-08-2007, 7:39 PM
Well, it appears that Norms DIY shows are now in rotation and there are no new ones (well at least for this series) showing up. Does anyone know if they plan on airing any different ones than they have already run?
ive looked myself and I dont see any new ones.

Pat Germain
06-08-2007, 9:15 PM
I thought all the shows on DIY were reruns and the shows on PBS were new. :confused:

Jim Becker
06-08-2007, 9:19 PM
I thought all the shows on DIY were reruns and the shows on PBS were new.

Correct. Only PBS gets the most recent three (I think) seasons of NYW.

Cody Colston
06-08-2007, 10:26 PM
I think what Fred meant was that DIY is re-running the same re-runs...ie, they selected a few shows and keep showing the same ones over and over. I record them on DVR so I'll have some editing to do.

The DIY eipsodes are already shortened from the original run time (fit in more commercials) and now we have to wait to see "new" re-runs.

Oh well, better than watching "Nitty Gritty."

Fred Voorhees
06-08-2007, 10:46 PM
I think what Fred meant was that DIY is re-running the same re-runs...ie, they selected a few shows and keep showing the same ones over and over. I record them on DVR so I'll have some editing to do.

The DIY eipsodes are already shortened from the original run time (fit in more commercials) and now we have to wait to see "new" re-runs.

Oh well, better than watching "Nitty Gritty."

Exactly Cody. They have started to run the same re-runs. Like yourself, I record the shows and archive them on DVD.

Darrin Davis
06-08-2007, 11:15 PM
DIY only purchased the rights to the season they are showing. I guess it's a trial run and if it's successful they will buy rights to more seasons.