PDA

View Full Version : Cermark in bulk

Thad Nickoley
06-07-2007, 9:49 PM
I have a job that will be using a lot of cermark. I will be engraving numbers on stainless plates that are about 3x5. I will need to do around 7000 per year. Does anyone know the most economical way to use the cermark? the stuff isnt cheap and I want to make sure that I am going about this logically.

Thank you.
TN

Mike Mackenzie
06-07-2007, 10:27 PM
Thad,

Buy it in the bulk jar, mix it two to one with alcohol buy the prevalve sprayer or an air brush and apply it this way. I would recommend Cerdec over thermark.

The reason is you can spray your parts let them dry and place a pc of paper between them and stack & store them until needed.

The thermark scratches way to easy cerdec is much stronger.

pat bogarin
06-07-2007, 11:46 PM
hi mike where can i buy cerdec?

thanks in advance, Pat

Bruce Volden
06-08-2007, 6:23 AM
I have purchased it direct from the mfgr.
http://www.ferro.com/Our+Products/Glass/Products+and+Markets/CerMark/Products/_LMM-6000+Paste+Usage+Instructions.htm
Also, I "mark" hundreds of knives and the dilution mixture I use is closer to 3 : 1 with DNA being the main ingredient. I swear by the foam brush application method. Cerdec was the original name of the marking compound by DMC2.
They were bought out by Ferro some time back I beleive.

Bruce

Jeanette Brewer
06-08-2007, 11:53 AM
hi mike where can i buy cerdec?

thanks in advance, Pat

OR you can buy it from www.laserbits.com (http://www.laserbits.com)

James MacNab
06-20-2007, 7:37 PM
Hi every one. I am new to lasering and wanted to know if you lasered over a spot all ready marked with cerdec will it turn white the same as the rest of the material. Also if you wanted to change the color can you just add the mew color over the area all ready marked and relaser? This is a great place to find thing out. Thanks JIm

Bruce Volden
06-22-2007, 6:46 AM
James,

I don't know about changing the color via re-lasering, but you CAN re-apply the the cerdec (black) and re-laser resulting in an all black mark! Hope that helps.

Bruce