PDA

View Full Version : Fine Woodworking Web Addition

Rob Tolentino
06-07-2007, 9:47 PM
I know a lot of us subscribe to different woodworking magazines and Fine Woodworking is one of my favorites. I'm considering buying a subscription to their web site to accompany the printed magazine. I think they offer it for only $14.95 per year if you already get the magazine and have a customer id number. Does anyone else use this site and is it worth the money? Thanks for any input.

Rob Bodenschatz
06-07-2007, 10:01 PM
Absolutely. Get it. It's worth it.

Randy Klein
06-07-2007, 10:09 PM
The website is awesome, they have almost (if not all) every article archived. I have certainly got my money's worth.

Don Bullock
06-07-2007, 10:25 PM
I've really enjoyed the FW website. Please remember, however, I'm just getting back into woodworking and am soaking up all the information I can get right now. The site may not be as useful to those who have been keeping up with woodworking or do it professionaly.

Wes Bischel
06-07-2007, 10:57 PM
I've pulled a lot of info off of their site - and I find it easier to search than going back through the magazines in the basement.:rolleyes:

Wes

Michael Fross
06-07-2007, 11:00 PM
I'm a huge fan of FWW.com. I don't subscribe to the magazine (I get way too many others as it is) but I find I use the website more. You can read the current issue (and all past content) on the site.

I highly recommend it.

Michael

Glenn Clabo
06-08-2007, 6:35 AM
I think it's worht every penny...Use it all the time...

Grant Davis
06-08-2007, 8:36 AM
I would agree with all of the previous contributors. It's a great source of information and video archives.

Jim Becker
06-08-2007, 9:01 AM
Even though I don't access it as often as I would like, the subscription is absolutely worth the small investment it requires. There is SO MUCH information available and that's wonderful when you are trying to figure out how to do something, looking for project ideas, etc.

Eric Wong
06-08-2007, 9:49 AM
I'm with everyone else, I subscribe to both the mag and the website. Very useful.

Benjamin Dahl
06-08-2007, 10:39 AM
I agree with everyone else that it is a great resource.

Matt Day
06-08-2007, 1:18 PM
My Dad has subscribed to the mag since it began, and use the additional web service. I'd love to have the mags too, but I find the website extremely useful. The search function is great and works, I think they have all the magazine articles uploaded (One of my search results got an article from issue #2 the other day), and they have a lot of helpful videos.

It's great for me to search for something at work and print it out, and have it ready for when I get home! Don't tell the boss....

daniel lane
06-08-2007, 7:57 PM
Count me as another "use it all the time" vote. I subscribed at the $5/mo rate at the same time I subscribed to the magazine because I wasn't willing to wait until my subscriber ID# showed up! (Yes, I updated...) :)

daniel

Rob Tolentino
06-08-2007, 8:26 PM
Thanks for the quick responses and positive opinions. I just subscribed to their web site. It will make a great companion to the magazine. It's nice to have another resource for my woodworking.

Rick Gibson
06-08-2007, 8:42 PM
Count me as one of those that use it all the time. I don't get the magazine though. I download any articles of interest or possible future interest as each new issue comes out and then sort them by catagory and save on the computer with my other WW related articles. It's the same price as a magazine subscription but having access to all the archived articles makes it well worth the money.

Quesne Ouaques
06-09-2007, 1:31 AM
Ditto, ditto and ditto. I use it all the time. I used to get the magazine but I prefer saving the trees. I search for articles and download them as pdfs.

I'm wondering what rate they're going to allow me to renew at, though. I signed up for $15 per year when I was at the end of my magazine subscription. My guess is it's a lot more expensive if you don't get the hard copy.

glenn bradley
06-09-2007, 2:01 AM
Another vote for it. I don't get the mag but got the web service. Have made several items already and feel it is already paid for.

Rick Gibson
06-09-2007, 8:23 AM
Quesne Ouaques wrote

I'm wondering what rate they're going to allow me to renew at, though. I signed up for $15 per year when I was at the end of my magazine subscription. My guess is it's a lot more expensive if you don't get the hard copy.
Mine just renewed at $34.95 which is the same price as the magazine.

Joe Unni
06-09-2007, 9:08 AM
Worth it!

-joe