PDA

View Full Version : I love my Mini CV06 Cyclone!!!!!!!

Bill Huber
06-07-2007, 8:23 PM
I would love to have a good big dust collector but I just do not have the room to put one and even if I had one I would still need my shop vac for other things so.....

I ordered the Mini CV06 Cyclone and it came in yesterday, it only took a week to get here and Ed is a great guy to deal with.

I had about a gallon and 1/2 of saw dust in the bottom of the shop vac and the filter was packed. Dumped the saw dust on the floor took the filter outside and cleaned it out completely.

Hooked up the CV06 and then picked the saw dust up. I then took the lid off the shop vac and there was nothing there, I mean nothing. So now I have to try this again, dumped the bucket under the CV06 on the floor and then cleaned it up again and also did a complete clean up of the table saw and under the bench and behind the shelves. Cleaned the dust bag on the CMS and the dust bag on the sander.

So guess what, still noting in the shop vac.

This thing is really something to use and it will help me a bunch, I will be able to cut more then one board before I have to clean the filter on the shop vac.

The unit is well made and mounts very easy on the top of a 5 gal. bucket. I did knock it off the bench 2 times with no damage to it in any way.

I guess the bottom line is if you can not have a larger DC and can only have a shop vac like me then you really need a CV06,

Mark Carlson
06-07-2007, 11:58 PM
Bill,

I'm tempted to get one myself and never replace a filter or bag again.

~mark

Bill Huber
06-08-2007, 12:03 AM
Bill,

I'm tempted to get one myself and never replace a filter or bag again.

~mark

It sure is nice to not have to clean the filter every time you could a board.

He has them on sale right now, $15 off.

http://www.clearvuecyclones.com/Order_Page.htm

Phil Thien
06-08-2007, 9:33 AM
I've thought of getting one of those. It will be interesting to get some reports of filter loading after emptying your bucket a few times.

I've seen the demo video and I've read comments. But quiet honestly, I don't know how it can keep my filter entirely clean when even the large cyclone doesn't claim to do that.

Eric Wong
06-08-2007, 6:42 PM
Ed is awesome. I've got a ClearVue cyclone and love it.

daniel lane
06-08-2007, 7:50 PM
I'm in the market for a DC system, and I've been really thinking about this. (Yeah, I know, lately I've been in the market for almost everything, it seems!)

I don't think I have it in the budget to do a big cyclone, but I've used hydrocyclones commercially and really like the concept. I've been considering the CV06 with my shop vac versus a 1.5hp "two bagger" (as I think of them) like the Jet, or the Delta, or the Steel City.

And now I just had a thought (rare, but sometimes...): Has anyone ever put the CV06 in front of one of the 1.5hp DC systems? Since the cyclone would easy stuff through the impeller, I would think it would be a good thing, and if it cuts down on the stuff to the felt bag, I'd think that would be good, too.

I'll have to look at the pressure drop across the CV06 and see if it's worth doing...may be a good "hybrid" unit. :)

daniel

Bill Huber
06-08-2007, 8:25 PM
I'm in the market for a DC system, and I've been really thinking about this. (Yeah, I know, lately I've been in the market for almost everything, it seems!)

I don't think I have it in the budget to do a big cyclone, but I've used hydrocyclones commercially and really like the concept. I've been considering the CV06 with my shop vac versus a 1.5hp "two bagger" (as I think of them) like the Jet, or the Delta, or the Steel City.

And now I just had a thought (rare, but sometimes...): Has anyone ever put the CV06 in front of one of the 1.5hp DC systems? Since the cyclone would easy stuff through the impeller, I would think it would be a good thing, and if it cuts down on the stuff to the felt bag, I'd think that would be good, too.

I'll have to look at the pressure drop across the CV06 and see if it's worth doing...may be a good "hybrid" unit. :)

daniel

From what I have read on the forum I don't think it would work. The Shop Vac work more on vacuum pressure and the DC like you are think about work more on volume. I am sure there is someone that knows more about it them me.