PDA

View Full Version : Most recent neander semi-gloat ......

Fred Gross
06-07-2007, 7:23 PM
Picked these up today for what I consider a steal.....
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y213/usmcbombboy/Woodworking/LNStuff.jpg

Tally:
LN No. 62
LN Independence Crosscut Saw
LN Independence Dovetail Saw
LN Large Plane Sock
LN Mediume Plane Sock
LN Small Plane Sock
Veritas Boggs Curved Spokeshave
Veritas 1:8 Dovetail Guide
Veritas Winding Gauges

Total cost: $309

Not the deal of the century, but not too bad either.;)

Jim Becker
06-07-2007, 8:02 PM
Nothing "Semi" about that gloat!!

Pat Zabrocki
06-07-2007, 8:56 PM
Looks like a great deal to me, certainly worth a hearty "you suck".
nice loot.

Ken Werner
06-07-2007, 9:03 PM
use em well. Looks like way more than a semi gloat to me too.

Ken

Ryan Cathey
06-07-2007, 9:04 PM
Did you happen to add the value of that up? That's somewhere around 650 bucks!! (shut up I'm really bored). That makes it a full-fledged gloat!!!!!

Mark Singer
06-07-2007, 9:19 PM
Great stuff ...great price!

Greg Cole
06-08-2007, 10:24 AM
Fred,
Let me say it again... you suck! Ok, now seriously, nice score. I don't believe you will be let down, I love my LN's and look forward to adding to the collection. For what you paid for that haul, I think I paid for my bronze body #4.
Now let's see some wispy thin curlies.......:D

Greg

Brian Kent
06-08-2007, 10:51 AM
If it only feels like a semi-gloat, why don't you send me whatever doesn't feel like a full gloat, and we'll both be happy!:D

Zahid Naqvi
06-08-2007, 12:59 PM
Nope, that's a fully qualified gloat. Nice grab there and good price.

Chuck Hamman
06-08-2007, 9:51 PM
Okay Fred, I give up, is it just me or is that stuff all brand new? Did LN have some terrific sale that I missed, or are you sitting in your living room in the dark waiting for the police to show up? How does someone get $650.00 worth of great tools for just over $300.00?
If you don't mind me asking?

-Chuck

Martin Cash
06-09-2007, 3:27 AM
Picked these up today for what I consider a steal.....

Total cost: $309

Not the deal of the century, but not too bad either.;)

That's not a steel, that's pure titanium.
In Australia we would say ".....absolutely tinny"
If this isn't the deal of the century, then I can hardly wait to see it.
Although from another post on this forum - a set of Erik Anton Bergs for $10 must surely go close!!!
We're all happy for you Fred.
Regards
MC:eek::eek::eek:

Andrew Homan
06-09-2007, 7:47 AM
Fred,
Ahh, too bad for you. Well, tell ya what, send them to me and I'll send you some nice, "patina'ed" tools, found in an authentic New England barn, in exchange!
-Andy
p.s. seriously, good deal! Craig's list? Certainly not eBay, right?

Fred Gross
06-09-2007, 10:15 AM
.....are you sitting in your living room in the dark waiting for the police to show up? How does someone get $650.00 worth of great tools for just over $300.00?
If you don't mind me asking?

Chuck,
It was a little ad in the local Sunday classifieds. A woodworker has to quit due to health reasons and was selling his shop. I called and he was trying to sell it as a complete shop first and if unable to, then sell items individually. It is all nice stuff (Laguna TSS & LT18, Delta Drill Press, DJ-20, X5 Osc. Belt Sander & 15" Planer, Dewalt 12" Slider, Leigh FMT & D4, Bench Dog Router Table....you get the idea) and most of it less than a year and a half old....he was looking for $12,000 -$15,000. I let know him what I was interested in and he said he'd call me back.

Well, long story short he called me back saying a friend was buying most of the shop, but that he had a few items if I wanted to come by. With the exception of the No. 62, everything else is pretty much NIB condition.

P.S. What I really wanted was the Leigh FMT (with all accessories/bits) that he was asking only $600.00 for it.:eek:

Chuck Hamman
06-09-2007, 10:20 PM
So often it comes down to being in the right place at the right time. You have to feel bad for someone who has to give up such a nice workshop.

Regards,
-Chuck

David Marcus Brown
06-13-2007, 10:01 AM
P.S. What I really wanted was the Leigh FMT (with all accessories/bits) that he was asking only $600.00 for it.:eek:

Lucky for you that hand tools don't hold their value -- at least in the seller's eyes -- as much as a power tool jig.

Congrats on a tremendous deal!

Oh, BTW, you suck. :p

Don Bullock
06-13-2007, 11:03 AM
That’s a full fledged gloat to me. Great tools for a super price! Congratulations.