PDA

View Full Version : Weekend doin's?

Bob Lasley
01-09-2004, 9:27 AM
Good Friday Morning All,

Sure has been a long work week after having two 2 day work weeks in a row! Looks like a busy weekend for me. Taking LOML out for dinner and a movie tonight. Teaching a router inlay class tomorrow. Going to my sister's near Oklahoma City on Sunday to pickup some furniture. Won't be much shop time, in my shop anyway, this weekend. At least the weather is supposed to be good this weekend.

So what's happening in your world this weekend? Any new projects started?

Have a great weekend everyone,
Bob

Dave Avery
01-09-2004, 9:32 AM
Picking up 200 bf of cherry, ambrosia maple, and mahogany shipped from from West Penn hardwoods to a local freigh terminal...... in 10 degree weather (-20 wind chill).

Finishing a large coffee table to complete the furniture in our living room/home theater room as part of the recently completed large home addition.

Byron Trantham
01-09-2004, 10:12 AM
Finishing packing up all the Christmas decorations. Working in the shop tweaking problems that have been bugging me. Finishing the connector block between the Bosh ROS and the Festool vac. Generally having a great time - for a change. :p

Rob Russell
01-09-2004, 10:35 AM
Spend some time in the basement cleaning up so I can actually get to some of the machinery. I've got a bunch of Unistrut I'm making some bolt-together shelving with so I can create some clear floor space.

Burn some of those 15 year old "can't though these out" wood scraps in the wood stove.

Tyler Howell
01-09-2004, 10:52 AM
Another Bay Window goes in tomorrow. It's going to get up to 20 degrees. Much better than the -10 of last week. I could only watch as the heating dollars flew out the hole in the hole wall :(
Your saying why not warmer weather for these type projects. It's a long story but $$$$$ worth it in the long run. :cool:

Dennis Peacock
01-09-2004, 12:50 PM
I'll be finishing the last chest-of-drawers and getting it in the house.
After busting another finger on the lathe last night due to a broken tool rest, I ordered a new toolrest which I figured would be cheaper than a hospital bill.....

Tyler Howell
01-09-2004, 12:58 PM
Dennis that is a dangerous sport you are in. Play safe.

TJH

Jim Becker
01-09-2004, 5:05 PM
Tonight, I get the Jet bandsaw ready to deliver to its new owner. Saturday morning, I'm driving out to Harrisburg PA to meet Ken Robb and exchange said saw for a pile of money, after which I plan on stopping by at Noah's place for a visit before returning home. (Sorry, Noah...I'm not leaving the money behind... :D) Sunday, it's off to the Somerset NJ woodworking show to browse for awhile and then bring the new MM-16 home...and start thinking about putting a whole lot of cosmoline out of it's misery... :D

Steven Wilson
01-09-2004, 5:30 PM
I finally have no projects left on my plate so I can concentrate on enjoying the cold and draft up some project designs I plan to start on when spring rolls around.

This weekend I'll replace the blades on my jointer, clean up the jointer and planer and send the blades out for sharpening. That should just about get them ready for sale. After that I'll probably spend a little time tweeking the alignment on my table saw to get it ready for sale. Hopefully they'll be ready for sale by the end of the month. Once those are done then I can get back to doing some turning.

The plan is to get my jointer, planer, and table saw ready for sale by the end of the month and have them sold by April, just in time for a new MiniMax combo to enter my shop.

David Durgy
01-09-2004, 5:45 PM
Got the Griz G0555 delivered yesterday so I will be putting it together. I have a dirt floor so I will have to measure the footprint and run out to get some material for a platform.

Jim Becker
01-09-2004, 5:58 PM
The plan is to get my jointer, planer, and table saw ready for sale by the end of the month and have them sold by April, just in time for a new MiniMax combo to enter my shop.

A most excellent unaccented "gloat"... :D

Kevin Gerstenecker
01-09-2004, 6:30 PM
David, did you get the 6" Riser for your G0555 Bandsaw? If so, PM me and I will let you know how to make the 105" blade fit so you don't find yourself cussing and pulling your hair out. I have this saw, and I really love it. It is a great Bandsaw for the money............it does all I ask of it, and more. For resawing the Exotic and Domestic Hardwood that I have throw at it, it does an excellent job. With the blades that I use for resawing, I get virtually zero drift. If I had it to do over, I would buy this saw again. Great saw for the money.........Grizzly scored an Ace with this model. Let us know how you like yours when you get it running.