PDA

View Full Version : Pro Max II in/outfeed tables???

Christof Grohs
06-07-2007, 12:28 PM
I saw a Performax ProMax2 drum sander listed cheap in my local newsapaper with a 1Hp dust collector. I jumped on it. It does not have infeed or outfeed tables and I'd like to get them. Anyone have any idea where to find these? Amazon sells in/out tables but they are for a different model. It seems that Powermatic has changes their sanders a few times, this one is made in USA.

Thanks
C-

Jim Becker
06-07-2007, 4:51 PM
Christof, I recommend you make your own and also make them so you can fold them up when the machine is not in use. I have the factory infeed/outfeed tables for my Performax 22-44 Plus and they take up an excruciating amount of room. And they really want a lot of money for the factory tables, too.

Jeff Kerr
06-07-2007, 6:02 PM
I have the 22-44 also and found out recently that Jet does not have all the parts for these. Jet sold off part of the sander line to Supermax tools, www.supermaxtools.com (http://www.supermaxtools.com).

Call them and see if they have the table cheaper. They currently offer a 25" closed end model that has the same frame as my open arm model. I was able to get a couple of small parts from them that Jet didn't have.

Also, there was a classified add here on SMC just they other day and in the list of items being sold were the tables.

Oh, and Jim is right this monster takes up enough room let alone the thought of adding tables to it.

Christof Grohs
06-08-2007, 9:07 AM
Thanks. I ended up finding htem at a local woodworking store before I read these posts. You guys are correct, with tables added on the foot print of the machine is pretty large.

Jim Becker
06-08-2007, 9:09 AM
Yea, despite the money I have in the factory tables, I'm seriously considering bagging them in favor of shop-built extensions that fold or remove. It would make my life a lot easier! All this in my copious free time, of course.

'Glad you found what you are looking for, however, Christof.