PDA

View Full Version : art shows

Paul Zerjay
06-06-2007, 8:44 AM
Do any of you guys regularly sell at art shows? My wife and I just had our first juried show last weekend and loved it. The weather could have been better but all in all it was a great success. We have done the craft show thing a few times and not had the fun that comes with the atmosphere of a juried show. We won first place in our category, which really boosted our confidence. We are just getting our feet wet, but thinking of applying to more shows, and have recently joined NAIA. Any suggestions for a newbie in the art show game would be appreciated. Thanks Paul

Frank Kobilsek
06-06-2007, 10:27 AM
Paul,

Congrats on the award! What was the award? What show and where?

I am in my first season of larger juried art shows. One down two to go. First one was indoors and I did OK. This weekend I head to a affulent suburb of Chicago (St. Charles) for an outdoor show.

From craft show experience I learned little things makes the day go better. For example; packaging, I bring extra tissue paper and plastic grocery bags to pack bowls etc. in for buyers. I am fine running my booth by myself but its nice to have my wife along to run for food, change and other little details.

Please post a picture of your booth, I'll return the favor next week.

I look forward to this thread the next couple days to help me with last minute ideas.

Frank