PDA

View Full Version : Couple of puzzles and a wine rack

James Carpenter
01-08-2004, 7:43 PM
Just a few things i've done recently. The puzzles were out of a puzzle book and the wine rack was something LOML had seen in a magazine. This is my example made of pine (yuk), now its time to move on to making her her show one:) Thanks for looking.

Dick Parr
01-08-2004, 7:53 PM
Very nice Jim, I like the wine rack, it's different.

George Summers
01-08-2004, 8:06 PM
I like the wine rack. Is it a solid thickness or a shell?

George

James Carpenter
01-08-2004, 8:13 PM
The wine rack was made with my router and a template. I routed out 6 pieces of 3/4 pine and laminated them. Best way i could figure out how to make it. If anyone knows of a better way, let me know (LOML wants me to make a few more). Rough dimensions are 12 x 12 x 4 1/2 with 3 1/4 inch holes.

Dave Avery
01-08-2004, 10:14 PM
Nice work, Jim. I particularly like the wine rack. You've reminded me that I'm delinquent. Katherine wants a wine "rack", well, more like a wine storage system. We have several hundred bottles in store-bought redwood racking in the basement, but she wants a nice piece of furniture that houses a temperature and humidity controlled enviroment. A major undertaking, to be sure. Dave.

Bob Lasley
01-08-2004, 11:47 PM
Nice job James. The wine rack is really cool. I may have to give those a try. Would make great gifts. You did great on the puzzles. I bought that same book not too long ago with intentions of making some for Christmas. Unfortunately, I ran out of time. Maybe for next Christmas.

Bob

Daniel Rabinovitz
01-09-2004, 10:40 AM
James
Very nice!

Best regards
Daniel :cool:

Eric Porter
01-09-2004, 2:49 PM
James,
I agree with the others, all three are beautiful. Can you tell me the title of the puzzle book you used? Thanks in advance.

James Carpenter
01-09-2004, 5:34 PM
First, thanks for all the kind comments.
Second, Eric the book is titled "New Wood Puzzle Designs" and it was authored by James W. Follette.

Bruce Foley
01-09-2004, 6:30 PM
Nice work James. As a coincedence, I just received the Follette book last week. How was the solution to the golf puzzle? For some of these, the author leaves the solution out. There are some other puzzles in this book that look like fun. Good work and I hope to see some more puzzles!