PDA

View Full Version : Other half of segmented pen *PIC*

Ken Salisbury
01-08-2004, 6:16 PM
In an earlier post I showed half of a segmented Corian pen I was working on. I completed the lower portion Wed. However, I am not really pleased with it.

As you can see there are 4 different colors on the top and 4 additional different colors on the bottom barrel. I think it would look better if both the upper and lower barrels were made up of the same 4 colors. So - I will make 1 new top and 1 new bottom to match. Gives me a good excuse to have 2 segmented pens :D. The next experiment will be to make a couple of wooden segmented ones.

I also got a solution to the color balance problem I was having taking pics under my desk lamp - so the colors in this pic are pretty accurate.

Todd Burch
01-08-2004, 7:19 PM
Ken, making the two new halves is a good idea. I take it these pens are heavier than a wooden pen?

And, do tell, which method did you use to solve the color balance problem?

(Better grab that pen quick - it looks like it might roll off the table....)

Ken Salisbury
01-08-2004, 7:45 PM
Ken, making the two new halves is a good idea. I take it these pens are heavier than a wooden pen?

And, do tell, which method did you use to solve the color balance problem?

Yes they are considerably heavier than a wooden one - but I like em !!

The color balance fix was simply read the manual and set the darn thing to incandescent lighting. When all else fails - read the instructions :D

Chris Padilla
01-08-2004, 8:03 PM
When all else fails - read the instructions :D
RTFM - Read the Fine Manual :p

Jason Roehl
01-08-2004, 10:52 PM
(Better grab that pen quick - it looks like it might roll off the table....)

Hey, Todd--that's what the clip is for...mine don't roll anywhere. :D :cool:

Todd Burch
01-08-2004, 11:27 PM
Oh, I thought that clip was so all you nerds could carry them in your pocket protectors... :) :) :)

Todd the nerd too