PDA

View Full Version : Bond...James Bond...

Jim Becker
06-03-2007, 11:46 AM
http://toscax.us/images/webdisplay/bond.jpg

...well, maybe not, but last night, Professor Dr SWMBO and I attended a black tie event at the Constitution Center in Philadelphia to benefit the "institution of higher learning" that she's on the faculty of. It was actually a nice time, with good food and included a wonderful performance by the Philadelphia Boy's Choir. Sadly, we missed desert as we felt that 5 hours was more than enough pain to inflict upon the sitter...

And no...I don't normally dress like this! Especially in the shop... ;)

Joe Mioux
06-03-2007, 11:50 AM
I'm envisioning a new black tie and tails turning smock. Looks like great neck protection. :)

joe

mark page
06-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Looks like no fear of getting wood chips down that neckline--lol
Mark

Nancy Laird
06-03-2007, 1:36 PM
Wow!!! You clean up real nice, Jim! Great picture!

Nancy

Jim King
06-03-2007, 3:09 PM
The last time ny wife talked me into something like that I came home and two of the 40 plus dogs pi$$ed on my foot. Hope you had better luck.

Art Mulder
06-03-2007, 3:10 PM
Yeah, what Nancy said. Where do you hide the pony tail? :cool:
(you didn't -gasp- cut it off, did you?)

Jim Becker
06-03-2007, 3:25 PM
Where do you hide the pony tail?
(you didn't -gasp- cut it off, did you?)

It's only a small fragment of what it used to be...the girls pestered me constantly on the subject, but after 20 years, I wasn't going to lose it all! :p

Glenn Clabo
06-03-2007, 3:31 PM
Okay Jim...so...the question of the day...is it real or is it clip on?

Nice pic...Happy couple's are always nice to see. I actually look forward to DrLOML academic doos. She works with and around some interesting people from all over the world. I work in such a different world...it's nice to get out.

Bruce Page
06-03-2007, 4:16 PM
Lookin' good Jim!

Jim Becker
06-03-2007, 5:16 PM
Okay Jim...so...the question of the day...is it real or is it clip on?

Neither...wrap around. The same as one you might get with a tux rental...or wear as a waiter... :D

John Miliunas
06-03-2007, 6:25 PM
Yup, Nancy already covered my line! Glad you & your bride had fun! :) :cool:

Fred Voorhees
06-03-2007, 7:00 PM
Damn Jim, you almost look presentable:D Your better half has had an amazing influence on you. And the comment about inflicting pain on the sitter......pure brilliance.

Jim Becker
06-03-2007, 7:29 PM
The sitter actually ended up with a pretty easy job since she was ably assisted by Lucy and Ricky Ricardo... ;) (The girls are head over heels enjoying several seasons worth of I Love Lucy these days)

Charles McKinley
06-03-2007, 7:29 PM
Glad you and LOYL were able to escape for a while Jim!

Today is the anniversary and LOML and I were able to leave the munchkins with Granny and Aunt dolly for a few hours.

It is best to keep good sitters happy as they are hard to find. ;)

I am debating on whacking my hair again. It's about time, Maybe after 5 Barns.

Per Swenson
06-03-2007, 10:06 PM
Nice shot Jim,

Although James...James Gandolfini, cause I think

you look more like a Don then a Bond.

Per

Jim Becker
06-04-2007, 3:57 PM
Someone at another forum I visit posted a nearly identical shot of Chevy Chase from "some time ago"...very scary! The shadows, chin dimple, etc., all match. I guess my special photographer, Nastia, caught things "just so"!

Mark Pruitt
06-04-2007, 4:38 PM
Someone at another forum I visit posted a nearly identical shot of Chevy Chase from "some time ago"...very scary! The shadows, chin dimple, etc., all match. I guess my special photographer, Nastia, caught things "just so"!
You and Chevy Chase.....I hadn't made the connection but now that you mention it, DANG! Time to work on some impersonations Jim!:cool:

Jeffrey Makiel
06-05-2007, 8:52 AM
Jim...that's a really nice suit. Is it a Festool?
-Jeff :)

glenn bradley
06-05-2007, 11:54 AM
I can see it now; the new SMC shop apron. Complete with tuxedo image silk-screened on the front. Lookin' good you two.

Bill Jepson
06-06-2007, 6:47 PM
Jim,
I'm reminded of what my brother said the last time I wore a Tux. "how do I look," I said. His reply,"Like a well dressed phone booth." Must be that viking heritage.
Bill Jepson

Bart Leetch
06-06-2007, 7:35 PM
Great Pic Jim.

There is an old story that goes like this.;)

If your bald in front your a thinker. If your bald in the back your a lover. If your bald in the front & the back you just think your a lover.:eek: I have never seen anything that covered pony tails not even saddles.:D

Jim Becker
06-06-2007, 8:10 PM
Bart, gentlemen of "a certain age" with pony tails tend to have the same amount of hair they had when they were younger...it's just farther back on their heads. :D :D :D (Honestly, that's something my father said sometime ago to a group he was addressing...probably in his church or something...)