PDA

View Full Version : audio and videophiles - - help!

Fred Voorhees
06-02-2007, 11:09 PM
Our son is getting married in three weeks and they have asked me to sing at the reception. Not a problem. I have sung in front of upwards of 300 people or so. The "deed" will more than certainly be captured on video and I am sure that we as parents will have access to a copy of the said video as a momento if we care to have it. With that said, I am assuming that it will be in DVD format, though if it is in VHS format, I can transfer it over to the DVD format. I remember trying to play a DVD that had been recorded from a VHS tape, on my computer and it wouldn't play for some reason. The DVD disc had been finalized, but still, it wouldn't play on my DVD player on my computer. I think I might want to get a file of my singing at the reception on my computer, but I am not sure how to go about this. Can anyone shed some light on the process that I might want to go through to complete this task? I would appreciate any kind of help/info that anyone could/might provide.

Jim Becker
06-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Best results will be had by recording the event on a digital video camera. The results, in turn, get transfered to a computer for processing and then written out to DVD. If someone "needs" VHS, a copy can be dubbed from a DVD player to a VHS deck.

If you need to see how this all works, give me a call to find a time to get together and I'll show you on my own machine.

Fred Voorhees
06-03-2007, 7:04 PM
Best results will be had by recording the event on a digital video camera. The results, in turn, get transfered to a computer for processing and then written out to DVD. If someone "needs" VHS, a copy can be dubbed from a DVD player to a VHS deck.

If you need to see how this all works, give me a call to find a time to get together and I'll show you on my own machine.

Thanks Jim. I will check with "the kids" to see if they can find out about if the reception will be recorded using a digital video camera. I hope so 'cause my performance will be one for the ages.:p