PDA

View Full Version : Delta 50-760 DC and Clearvue CV06

Randy Klein
06-02-2007, 8:12 PM
I have the 50-760 1.5 HP dust collector. I switch it from machine to machine with a 5', 4" flex hose. I've been reading a lot about Bill Pentz' cyclone stuff and Clearvue's implementation of it.

My question: Has anyone tinkered with attaching the CV06 (mini cyclone designed for shop vacs) to a DC before? I know that there is a 2-1/2" port on the cyclone, which may be a problem.

I'm hoping that using such a short run of hose will not hinder the fine dust collection capability of the cyclone, yet still allow the large chip collection of a DC.

Thoughts?

Dave Sabo
06-02-2007, 8:57 PM
Don't waste your time. You've already surmised the problem....2 1/2".

Would you try and hook up a hose from the fire department to your home's hose bib? What sort of preformance do you think will result?

Randy Klein
06-03-2007, 2:55 PM
I figured it would be a lame idea. I just wanted to throw it out there and see if I was wrong.

I was just trying to get a ghetto version of a cyclone with what I had and buying as little as I needed. Oh well.

Now I've been told that DC's are not great for small tools (sanders, etc) and shop vacs are superior, but is that still true when the DC is on such a short hose and is the only machine its hooked up to?

Dennis Kelly
06-03-2007, 3:23 PM
There was a similar discussion a few days ago about a ROS. The majority agreed that a mobile DC unit provides too much suction for smaller tools as is it can inhibit the performance of the tool. Shop vacs are an easy fit for smaller tools. I have a mobile DC for larger tools and a shop vac for all my smaller, hand held tools which works fine.

Dennis

Jim Becker
06-03-2007, 5:30 PM
The mini-cyclones are designed for high-pressure, low air flow applications and will not work correctly with a DC...it's expecting a lot of air at low-pressure.

Randy Klein
06-03-2007, 7:35 PM
Well that's what I figured, wishful thinking, I guess.