PDA

View Full Version : Router vac attachment

Jason White
06-02-2007, 5:21 PM
Anybody have one of these Leigh router vac attachments? If so, how do you like it?

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?FamilyID=5772

Thanks.

JW

J D Thomas
06-02-2007, 7:19 PM
I have two of them, and they work pretty well, but they can be a pain to set up with each router. If you're using them with the Leigh jig, you might want to wait until the NEW router vac attachment is released. It looks very sweet.

Jason White
06-02-2007, 7:53 PM
I would only use for edge-routing with the PC690.

Anybody else?

TP

I have two of them, and they work pretty well, but they can be a pain to set up with each router. If you're using them with the Leigh jig, you might want to wait until the NEW router vac attachment is released. It looks very sweet.

Michael Lutz
06-03-2007, 2:14 PM
For only edge routing for the PC690, you could get the dust collection attachment that PC makes for it. It costs less than the Leigh version. Amazon carries it. It is around $35. I was planning on getting one someday.

Mike

Pat Germain
06-03-2007, 6:24 PM
I've also been looking at these DC attachments. The Leigh looks nice, but I think they're a bit too proud of it. I haven't used it, but the PC attachment looks kinda clunky to me.

I hadn't heard Leigh was releasing a new DC attachment. I'll keep my eyes open for that. Of course, I expect the price will double.

Jim Becker
06-03-2007, 7:56 PM
Yes, I have one and it's functional, albeit it does take away some of the view. It's definitely only for edge work and dovetailing. I've used it with a few different routers with complete success.