PDA

View Full Version : A little gloating....

Dan Smith
01-08-2004, 8:26 AM
Well, with the major addition on the way in July <biggest gloat>, I have been quickly buying up tools before all the money needs to go elsewhere. So here are the other not quite as major gloats...

Hitachi MV12 which will be build into a router table in the extension wing of my G1023.

Dewalt DW735 planer, just delivered last night, have not had too much time to play yet.

HF 2.0 hp (advertised) dust collector with grizzly 0.3 bags. Seems to work great, but again, I don't have very long runs.

Jim's Jet 6 in jointer. Really nice, and set up really well by Jim, so saved me a lot of that trouble.

And incase you missed it, my G0513 17" bandsawasaurous. Love it, set up with timberwolf blades, does everything I wanted it to.

-dan

Tyler Howell
01-08-2004, 8:47 AM
Dan,
When are you going to find time for diving With all those new toys.
Come to lake Superior. We'll show you some wreks and some Cooooollllllld water.

Tyler

Jim Becker
01-08-2004, 9:49 AM
Congratulations on the the tools, but more importantly, the "thing in July"! 'Sounds like you need to get hopping with those tools to get things ready...plenty of projects for that kind of event...

Dan Smith
01-08-2004, 10:01 AM
Jim, Absolutly, plenty of projects just centered around it.

Tyler,

I started my diving in Lake Champlain, 2 days before she iced over in December. A year later I was playing "upside down hockey" under the ice (we use a tennis ball as they float, and two holes in the ice as goals) so cold water does not bother me. But since I sold the boat, diving has been a little less. Still do plenty, but I have backed off the 200+ foot dives, especially with the gloat coming in July.

-dan

Tyler Howell
01-08-2004, 10:52 AM
Missed the part about selling the boat on your web site.
Yes you can handle the cold. ;)
My mother use to say, "2nd happiest day of your life is when you get your boat and happiest is when you get rid of it."

TJH :D

Love my DW735, you'll like it too.
So! What’s this big project Jim is talking about.???? Another restoration?

Tyler

Dan Smith
01-08-2004, 12:05 PM
LOL, not a restoration, but a new from scratch project. A little hint... my wife and I are "expecting" a new addition in July....

-dan

Charles McKinley
01-09-2004, 2:12 AM
BRRRRRR! If I'm going to play with you guys I'm going to have to upgrade to a dry suit!

Congrats Dan! Kids are great fun! My girls are 2 & 1. They keep me busy. I need to get to the shop more any get some projects sold so I can continue to stay home with them.

Have fun with your new toys. You have a good base there.