PDA

View Full Version : fein or festool

Rob Littleton
01-08-2004, 2:01 AM
who has the best vac out of these guys? Heard rave reviews about both. cheers

Michael Perata
01-08-2004, 4:36 AM
I have the Fein Turbo II vac and I am pleased with its all around performance.

Mark Singer
01-08-2004, 7:08 AM
I have the Fein TurboII...it does the job! Its less money.
Mark

Kevin Beck
01-08-2004, 7:41 AM
I've had the Fein Turbo II since July. My only problem with it is that the LOML keeps claiming it's hers. I might have to buy the smaller Fein vacumn just to keep the peace.

I've used the Turbo II extensively during a remodel in which I have installed 1200 square feet of ceramic tile. I wouldn't hesitate for a minute buying another one if something happens to the current one.

Kevin

Mark Singer
01-08-2004, 7:48 AM
I ended up buying 2 for the same reason!
Mark

John Miliunas
01-08-2004, 7:52 AM
I love my Festool equipment, but got a great deal on the Fein MiniTurbo. One super-handy, strong and quiet vac! :cool:

Steve Roxberg
01-08-2004, 8:55 AM
Fein Turbo II, love it so much I'm also considering getting a Mini-Turbo for around the house.

The truth is you won't go wrong with either. I don't own any other Festool tools at this time, but if I did having storage on top of the vac might be attractive.

Dave Avery
01-08-2004, 9:21 AM
I have the Festool and really love it, though I've never seen the Fein in action. Most of my excitement with the Festool has to do with connecting it to other tools, if that makes any sense. I'm not sure I'm pay $300-400 for a stand-alone vac that doesn't connect to a lot of other tools.

Also, as mentioned, the systainer containers are way cool. I have one for the sander, vac attachments, and sandpaper.

Lloyd Robins
01-08-2004, 9:28 AM
I really like my CT Mini. I have never seen a Fein, so I cannot compare.

Jim Becker
01-08-2004, 9:38 AM
Rob, the Fein has the edge on slightly lower sound level, but the Festool's flat-top design "may" be easier to incorporate into the shop. Both are excellent. I'll probably end up with the Festool...as part of a bundle with another tool. Besides, doing business with Marino is such a pleasure... :D

Byron Trantham
01-08-2004, 10:08 AM
I just purchased the Festool, model CT22E. It replaced a Sears screamer. I had no experience with either the Fein or the Festool. Dave Avery's ability to connect his biscuit cutter directly to the vac sold me. I am working on the last couple of steps to interface my Bosch ROS to the hose. It that works, the cost will be well worth it. Like Dave, there is no way I could justify the cost [$375] for a single purpose vac. I bought the floor cleaning kit which came in one of their Systainer boxes. I didn't fully understand how cool that was until I saw it in action. Neat, compact, accessible, expandable. All this said, I am sure the Fein is equally cool. Let's face it, considering the costs, they should be quiet and powerful and they are.

Ed Falis
01-08-2004, 2:11 PM
who has the best vac out of these guys? Heard rave reviews about both. cheers

Alto Wap SQ10. FWW thinks so (recent review - might be in Fine Home Building, though), and so does my wife - construction contractor for the last 20 years.

- Ed

Charles McKinley
01-09-2004, 1:45 AM
FWW No. 163, June 2003, p.80.

Starts the shop vac test. From my reading it is a toss up. The Festool has a flat filter at the top that is easy to clean and doesn't take up room in the tank, allowing it to pick up more before clogging. The Fein is a little cheaper. If there in a wood workers ware house that is near you and still open see if they have a fein left.

The noise level is about the same.