PDA

View Full Version : Smoke-Free A Week Now

Howard Rosenberg
01-07-2004, 11:47 PM
Hi all -

Thought I'd post again.

Yup. I'm up to a week smoke-free.

My brain hurts. It feels like it's vibrating.
My eyeballs hurt.
My gums feel mushy.
I now have mildly narcoleptic episodes in my office. I nod off really abruptly for seconds, and man, is that ever disconcerting...
I get really really impatient really fast ABOUT EVERYTHING and have absolutely no humour ABOUT ANYTHING.

On the other hand:
- I've actually managed to laugh without coughing.
- I've carried my (shrewd & lazy) youngest up three sets of stairs without my chest pounding or my head feeling like it's about to implode.
- A curious pinkness I'd only seen in other people's complexions seems to be coming to mine.
- My wheeze has diminished.

Many thanks to all of for all of your support. Howard

Jim Stastny
01-07-2004, 11:51 PM
Let me be among the first to say WAY TO GO ! ! !

Tom Sweeney
01-08-2004, 12:31 AM
You smoked for how many years and here it is just a week into quiting for good & you're already seeing positive results.

Keep it up - you're almost there- we're all pulling for you!

Rob Littleton
01-08-2004, 12:34 AM
Hi all -

Thought I'd post again.

Yup. I'm up to a week smoke-free.

My brain hurts. It feels like it's vibrating.
My eyeballs hurt.
My gums feel mushy.
I now have mildly narcoleptic episodes in my office. I nod off really abruptly for seconds, and man, is that ever disconcerting...
I get really really impatient really fast ABOUT EVERYTHING and have absolutely no humour ABOUT ANYTHING.

On the other hand:
- I've actually managed to laugh without coughing.
- I've carried my (shrewd & lazy) youngest up three sets of stairs without my chest pounding or my head feeling like it's about to implode.
- A curious pinkness I'd only seen in other people's complexions seems to be coming to mine.
- My wheeze has diminished.

Many thanks to all of for all of your support. Howard

I was getting concerned about no thearing from you.

Keep at it man. If you give in, you lose a week and have to start the clock again...........it aint worth it..........you are stronger than this addiction. You make me proud breaking an addiction. I had to. Hang in there bud........

Carl Eyman
01-08-2004, 8:31 AM
Keep it up, Howard. You know you are going to quit someday; so why not now? It'd be a shame to waste this week's suffering and have to go thru it again. I think you'll find it a little easier from here.

chris toomey
01-08-2004, 8:47 AM
great job howard! just focus on today. not last week or next...just toady. you can go one day without smoking...keep focusing on that. one day at a time.

Bob Lasley
01-08-2004, 9:02 AM
Hang in there Howard. We're rootin' for you buddy!

Bob

Mark Bachler
01-08-2004, 9:10 AM
Be tough buddy. I had a heart attack in August & believe me you don't want to go there

Jim Becker
01-08-2004, 9:47 AM
Ya Mon!!

That's good news, Howard. But's it's worth the effort and the pain. You're already seeing quality of life improve...just think what it will be like when the other stuff fades into the background!

John Miliunas
01-08-2004, 10:32 AM
Hang in there, Howard! You've got a whole bunch of people rooting for you! Keep us posted and if you feel the need to rant, throw it out here...we'll understand! :cool:

Ron Jones near Indy
01-08-2004, 7:51 PM
:D Good job Howard--keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: :cool: