PDA

View Full Version : Felder K500 Splitter

Robert Strasser
05-31-2007, 8:16 PM
I just purchased one of Felder's new K500 saws. This is my first sliding table saw. Previous saw was a PM66. There are many things to learn about the saw. One thing I need to know is how to adjust the splitter outward from the Rip Fence. I need to move it at least 2 mm... probably 2.5 mm.

I am waiting for a call from Felder tech support, but I'd like to know if anyone else has purchased one of these new models and have a similar problem.

My problem might be an under sized Spalkeilfuhrungsplatte, but I'm not sure. Oh, I forgot to mention that Felder only has German Language manuals available for the K 500 at the moment. This has added some fun to my setup chores. But the pictures are helpful. Especially of the Spalkeilfuhrungsplatte. I believe there is an umlaut over the first u in Spalk... whatever.

Jim Mitchell
05-31-2007, 8:48 PM
Hey Robert,

Have you tried speaking with John Renzzeti (SP?) or Art Pentz on the FOG. I know when I had my BF631 they were a wealth of information. The other thing you might consider is the David Best's book "The Unofficial Survival Guide". It was written before you machine came out however it is full of instructions on the 700,900 machines as well as the Format 4, kappa 30 and kappa 40.

If memory serves me correct Jessie Brown told me your machine was going to be similar to the 700.

I sold the BF and now own a KF700SP and an AD741 with DIGI drive. So I know what the conversion from Austria to American service is all about. Hang in there they are really nice machines and a big step up form what you are use to.

Regards,

Jim

Andrew Williams
05-31-2007, 8:59 PM
ok my german friend cannot figure out the first half but fuhrungsplatte = guide plate. there's half of it anyway

UPDATE - he figured it out : wedge splitter guide plate but it's spaltkeil

Bernhard Lampert
05-31-2007, 9:11 PM
Robert,
Congratulations on your saw!!

I have the CF731 SP, band saw and horizontal mortiser from Felder. IMHO, Felder has the best price/value ratio.

But every make has its quirks (so does Felder): Their manuals leave a lot to be desired. Jim's advise is right: Join the FOG group on Yahoo, buy David Best's Survival Manual and take a lot of notes/pics during installation.

I am located near the VA border (near Roxboro, NC). If I can help in any way let me know. In case you need some translation of parts of the manual let me know (I am German and since I have a Felder, it will be pretty easy).
Cheers,
Bernhard

Mike Wilkins
06-04-2007, 9:17 AM
Congrats on the saw purchase. I got the catalog from Felder and this does interest me. Let us know with a test review what your impression of this machine is, your likes/dislikes, etc.