PDA

View Full Version : Anyone need these planes?

Craig D Peltier
05-31-2007, 8:05 PM
Saw these thought of you'll here.I dont know what im looking at if its a good price or not. http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/tls/342178858.html

Pam Niedermayer
05-31-2007, 9:57 PM
I haven't looked up the prices yet, but I'd say that two new Mujinfang's are if not less than $70, aren't that much more. You can see them on LV and Japan WW.

Pam

PS People who have them like them a lot.

Brian Kent
05-31-2007, 10:12 PM
I think these are excellent planes. The prices are OK . The small one is $23.95 at Japan Woodworker. The large one in ebony is $59.95. A similar plane - the Rosewood Jack plane with the horizontal bar is $34.95.

The plane that continually rescues me is the 9" Mujingfang High Angle polish plane for $50. Whenever the planing situaltion seems hopeless, that one bales me out beautifully.

Pam, I have read that you use Japanese wooden planes. How do they compare in use to the Mujingfangs?

Pam Niedermayer
06-01-2007, 2:55 AM
I've never tried a Mujinfang plane, closest I've come are the HNT Gordons; but these do not directly compare. If I were starting out today, I'd certainly try one or two of them since if they work, I'd save a pile of money.

Pam