PDA

View Full Version : THIS version, and two others, will be shown to clients

Al Navas
05-31-2007, 3:07 PM
Nancy: It appears that glass shelves will be out of the question for this particular unit. I may suggest that they contact you to close the glass issue, OK? :D

To all:

Once again, thanks for looking!

This is the latest version of the entertainment center - it includes pretty much all the comments and suggestions received. NOW I feel that I can discuss with the clients, as several options are now obvious.

It is possible that after showing this version and two other versions to the clients, additional renderings will be what they wish to see. THAT is OK by me! In this version i have made a change to the height of the side cabinets. It seems that it all ties together a little better - BUT I value YOUR opinion, I still would love to hear what you have to say about this latest.

My sincere thanks to all who took the time to look at the earlier designs, and to give me valuable feedback and input. I appreciate it all!!!

Al

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Sandal_Woods/Entertainment%20center/FullEntertainmentcenterconcept-11.jpg

Don Bullock
05-31-2007, 3:46 PM
Al, that looks great!! I'd be very happy to have a nice piece of furniture like that in my house. I hope your clients arepleased.

Joe Jensen
05-31-2007, 4:17 PM
I'm not sure how I would address it, but the dividers on the bottom doors seem off. I'm sure it's an optical illusion, but the squares in the corners look larger on the bottom doors than any of the other doors. Maybe it's because they are square doors. Not sure I was any help at all...joe

Nancy Laird
05-31-2007, 4:42 PM
Looks good, Al. I like it (even without the glass shelves:D ).

Nancy

Larry Fox
05-31-2007, 4:52 PM
Very very nice Al - I like that alot.

Paul Simmel
05-31-2007, 8:06 PM
My first impression was that proportionally I wouldn’t change a thing. Then I saw the comment about the dividers. Not sure that even if the two middle, bottom doors are shorted than the two outside bottom doors… not sure it would bother me even if they were.

My attention was immediately drawn to the outline of the piece, and it was pleasing.

The dividers on the top doors are (in this rendering) obviously thicker than the others.

Ron Brese
05-31-2007, 9:45 PM
I like the overall lines and proportions, the overlay doors look awkward to me, if the doors were inset flush it would have a much cleaner and concise look.

Ron Brese

Randy Denby
05-31-2007, 10:12 PM
I like it alot! Shame they wouldnt let you have a couple of glass shelves. BTW: how tall is this? Looks at least 9' tall. Cant wait to see the realdeal.....

Tim Morton
05-31-2007, 11:12 PM
since everyone is taking the "i love it view"...let me play the client and pose my concerns if you were presenting it to me. First is the actual opening for the TV...it appears to be 4:3 format and i assume it will be filled with a widescreen TV? Can you show a a pic with the doors open and a TV inside? Second the top glass doors keep drawing my eye right to them, in an awkward way. Not sure how to explain it, but I don't love it. And finally it appears to be a little too tall...I would want to lower it a tad and widen it a tad.

This comes from someone who has NOT read any of the other topics on the design of this, and is not meant to be mean spirited...its just offering an opinion.:)

Jules Dominguez
06-02-2007, 12:54 AM
I think the shelves in the upper cabinets interfere with the geometric pattern which you're trying to match with the other doors.

John Schreiber
06-02-2007, 1:15 AM
Looking good and I'm just being nit-picky on some details. The top doors still look a little different from the lower doors. That may just be the rendering. Also, I'd want to make sure that when the doors covering the TV are folded back, that they retract far enough so they are not distractingly near the view of the TV screen.