PDA

View Full Version : Veneering suppliers

Thomas Prondzinski
01-07-2004, 9:30 PM
Just wondering if any one has any favorite veneer suppliers? Exotic and native.

thanks Tom

Bob Lasley
01-07-2004, 10:35 PM
Tom,

I have not bought any large quanities of veneer, usually only 25 to 100 sq ft at a time, but have bought it all on ebay. Most of the prices are quite a bit less than you will pay from a regular veneer supplier. I have heard some good things about Certainly Wood and they have a nice web site, but have never dealt with them.

Bob

Jeff Royle
01-08-2004, 7:36 AM
I have used raw veneer from Certainly Wood and Homecraft. The last order I got from certainly wood, about 1000sf of figured cherry, is so badly knife checked that I am only using it for backer veneer. My experience with Homecraft has been better. The veneer I,ve gotten there is typically 1/32 thick and better figure. The recent stock from Certainly Wood ran about 1/50 thick even tho they claim 1/40.
At 1/50, there isn't much room for error or cleanup.

I've not used any backed veneer but I know you can find a number of suppliers on the web.

Homecraft website: www.homecraftveneer.com

Dave Avery
01-08-2004, 8:24 AM
Tom

All Ebay, all good experiences.

Bob Weisner
01-08-2004, 9:31 AM
I don't do much veneering, but the veneer that I have bought has all come from Certainly Wood. I am just a couple of miles from Certainly Wood and have bought Bubinga, African Mahogany and some curly maple from them. All of the veneer was of excellent quality. The good part about being so close to their store is that I can sort through the piles of veneer. The prices are good too. I have thought about EBAY, but I would be concerned about the shipping costs.

Thanks,

Bob