PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Trend Airshield Users

Jim Mitchell
05-31-2007, 10:10 AM
Hello All,

Because of he arms on my glasses I have gaps with the seal on my Airshield. Before I start messing around with something on my own, has anyone else had this problem and come up with a solution. Thanks

Jim

Al Wasser
05-31-2007, 10:26 AM
It has not been a problem with my glasses. Several others I know wear glasses and use the airshield w/o modification

Neal Addy
05-31-2007, 10:33 AM
Ditto here. I'm a glasses wearer as well. The positive pressure zone of the Trend seems to keep out most nasties from any gaps in the cowling. My Trend has never been a completely tight fit but it does the job.

Jim Mitchell
05-31-2007, 10:33 AM
Thanks for your reply, I have tried with different glasses and still get gaps at the arms. I can't find the manual for the Airshield, were there special instructions on how to fit it to your face?

Regards,

Jim

charlie knighton
05-31-2007, 4:01 PM
anybody know where to get an extra charger under $30?:D

Steve Schlumpf
05-31-2007, 7:31 PM
Jim, I also wear glasses with my Trend and have had no problems. I do have the manual and if you PM me I can send a photocopy of the fitting procedure. Not really much to it. States that the height adjustment - thats the stud on the headband - affect the fit around the chin. Adjusting the face seal will affect the fit at the sides. No real procedure for adjusting the face seal but it is all attached with velcro - so I would loosen the velcro around the adjustment knobs (temple area) and reattach the velcro - making it a little snugger around your face. Should take care of the problem.