PDA

View Full Version : Delta 1.5 HP Dust Collector at Lowes

John Michaels
05-31-2007, 1:27 AM
If any one in the Seattle area is in need of a dust collection system, Lowes in Everett has 2 left, Marysville has 1. They're on clearance for $196.00. I picked one up the other day. No one at the Everett store knew where the were, I called them about three times because the store closest to my house said they had three. Finally they located them over on aisle 62 way up on top of the highest shelf. Unbeatable price for the 50-760 .

John Michaels
05-31-2007, 1:35 AM
Almost forgot. The Lowe's item number is 202439. If you call or go to the store they'll probably tell you they don't know what you're talking about. Give them the item #, go over to aisle 62 and point to it. They'll have to get the forklift out, meanwhile you can pay for it over at Customer Service.

Tom Henderson2
05-31-2007, 2:52 AM
Interesting -- the Lowe's web site doesn't show the 1.5 HP collector.
Maybe I'll have to go on a field trip....

Thanks for the point-out.

-Tom H. Ventura, CA

Craig D Peltier
05-31-2007, 12:13 PM
I got mine there about 1 month ago for $206 I think.I went to Bellevue.They had to dig deep to find one, back in storage.They did have a floor model there but it was mislabeled as the 1 hp.

Scott M Johnson
05-31-2007, 1:19 PM
Interesting -- the Lowe's web site doesn't show the 1.5 HP collector.
Maybe I'll have to go on a field trip....

Thanks for the point-out.

-Tom H. Ventura, CA

Tom...

As of a couple of days ago, the Ventura Lowes still had a 50-760 1.5HP dust collector. I tried to purchase it a couple of weeks ago on a $100 price match to the Morehead City, NC Lowes. At the time, the Ventura store had marked the price down to $231, and the sales manager at the time refused to go below that price. I wound up getting it from another Lowes store in the area for $100. However, when I checked back a couple of days later, they'd moved it to the front of the store near the Customer Service counter and lowered the price to $150.

I checked back a couple of days ago, and the DC has been moved to the aisle between Hardware and Tiles - the box has been opened, so I don't know if someone has removed anything or not. (It still looked packed to me...) You may be able to get it in its present condition for $75...

...Scott

Steven Triggs
05-31-2007, 6:11 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I was able to get one this evening. In case anyone is interested, the Lowe's in Stockbridge, GA still had 2 more. The employees there thought they had none, but I found them on aisle 18 in the top storage (way up above everything else).

Also, there is a rebate for $30. The form is downloadable from amazon at http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/00/00/00/58/79/11/58791177._V23956219_.pdf

As far as I can tell, it should work for purchases from Lowe's, as it only specified that it must have been bought at an authorized retailer. I would assume Lowe's counts.

Dave MacArthur
06-01-2007, 1:03 AM
I also bought one of these about 3 months ago, from Lowes. They had it marked down as "clearance" to $160. Couldn't find a boxed one, so I bought the floor model and got them to come down to $130. It had everything, the box was nearby.

I have found that Lowes is often willing to do this, if you get the tool area honcho maybe? , but I've been able to buy display /clearance stuff for huge savings (just bought a Delta 950L drill press for $230...)

Ryan Marcoux
06-01-2007, 11:45 AM
I have called all the Houston locations and no one has any left:( . This afternoon I will start calling other locations in Texas, I figure I could drive a bit to pick up this deal.

Tim Malyszko
06-01-2007, 11:53 AM
I picked this dust collector up at Lowe's back in January for $249. They had no idea that it was even on the floor or in their system. According to the tool manager, they became a non-stock item in October 2006, so they can easily get lost on the floor.

Steven Triggs
06-01-2007, 4:01 PM
I have called all the Houston locations and no one has any left:( . This afternoon I will start calling other locations in Texas, I figure I could drive a bit to pick up this deal.

Ryan,
When I called yesterday, they said they didn't think they had it. I had to go down there and look for myself to find they had three of them. Might be worth a look...

Jim Grill
06-01-2007, 10:21 PM
I called and visited the Lowe's in Middletown, PA. They said they had none when I called so I drove there and asked the tools department manager and looked all over the store. No dice.

I may check a few other locations in the area just for fun even though I don't really need one. :)

brandon guthrie
06-01-2007, 11:48 PM
Just snagged one tonight in Ponca City, OK about 25 miles away. They price matched it at like $196.xx. Plus the rebate I'll send in, WHAT A DEAL!! Thanks to those on this forum for the heads up.

Grant Vanbokklen
06-02-2007, 11:53 PM
Been wanting a dust collector. Just went to the local Aliso Viejo, CA Lowes with the Lowes number stated above. The guy, who looked exactly like Santa, scanned the computer for that number and no matches came back. He said they had none in stock, that it was an out of stock item. I asked him to search other stores, same results. So I ask where they usually store them and he walked me to that isle. Sure enough there it was. So I told him about the other stores selling it for less, he calls his manager on the phone and tells him I want to price match an out of stock item that is listed for $196. Manager says $150. Nice deal.

Ryan Marcoux
06-04-2007, 9:18 AM
On Friday, I went to my local store and looked around but did not find one so I asked the tool guy and he looked it up on his computer. The store that was about 10 miles away showed that they had one on hand so I rushed over there and I found it on the top rack in a random isle. I went to the customer service desk and told them that I wanted to buy the DC and that I have been told that they have been sold for $100 at other locations and the manager said OK, I will have someone pull it down for you. I was all prepared to argue with her to get it for so cheep but she did not resist at all! Thanks for giving me the heads up on this!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Michaels
06-04-2007, 9:46 PM
I'm glad others here at the Creek were able to get a good buy on the Delta DC. I was able to get a great deal on a Frued saw blade from a someone that posted there good deal also.

RickT Harding
06-07-2007, 10:39 PM
Thanks a ton for the tip. I decided to go give it a shot and sure enough, down the insulation isle up high were two of them. I asked the guy and he had to call a manager to look up cost to let me know what they could sell them for. He didn't know he had them, but they were in the computer.

In the end they said cost was $260 and they wouldn't budge from the $196 pricing. He said they have a buyback deal with the manufacturer for $185 and wouldn't even go down to that.

In the end I decided it's a heck of a price on one heck of an upgrade from my little 3/4 HP roll around delta I run right now.

So if anyone is in my neck of the woods, there's one more on M-59. ;)

Quesne Ouaques
06-10-2007, 9:54 PM
Well...thanks very much to John Michaels and everyone else for the information in this thread.

I had been really thinking about a dust collector for some time. With it's one micron bag, the Delta 50-760 was pretty much at the top of the list.

After reading this thread, I called several Lowes stores in the area (I'm just outside Philadelphia) to ask if they had any in stock and on clearance. Several stores did have it in stock, but the "clearance price" varied wildly: $100 (NIB), $143 (NIB), $168 (floor model without box) and $199 (NIB).

Of course, I took the 40 minute drive down to Bear, Delaware and picked up my new dust collector for $100 tax free! :D

For anyone else in this area who is interested, the following stores (of the ones I called) still have them. I suspect you may even be able to negotiate a bit on price:

Plymouth Meeting, PA $168 (floor model)
Oaks, PA $143 (NIB)
Middletown, DE $199 (NIB)

G-d bless Lowes, G-d bless America, and (of course) G-d bless Sawmill Creek!!

Steven Triggs
07-21-2007, 11:39 AM
I had bought one of these several weeks ago, but a couple days ago I noticed they still had one left. I talked to one of the tool guys about lowering the price (it was listed at $147 in their system). He ended up selling it to me for $50. After rebate, it will cost $23.50 including tax.

So, if anyone can still find one of these, I suggest you ask them to lower the price and then snag it up.

Brian Erickson
07-28-2007, 6:38 PM
I really appreciate this thread--there weren't any in my area, but I sent my brother to a Lowe's in Little Rock armed with this info and he walked out with a $50 50-760! The rebate is good through Tuesday, so get to looking if you're interested in one. By the way, the official price on these for all Lowe's that have them is ~147. You ought to be able to get that price without any argument...

Roger Ronas
07-29-2007, 3:58 PM
Haven't been able to locate one in Colorado Springs and haven't driven to Denver yet. The Aurora store is supposed to have one (according to my local store) but when I called Aurora they say no.
If anyone runs into one that can hook a C/S woodworker up, I'd REALLY appreciate it.

Thanks
Roger

Brian Erickson
07-30-2007, 10:58 AM
I would call back the Aurora store at a different time and try and get another person to look. The store I finally found one in said they didn't have it, I called back and a more diligent employee found it (and was fairly surprised). I think this added to their willingness to sell it cheaply...:D

Brian

Grant Vanbokklen
08-17-2007, 7:56 PM
Also, there is a rebate for $30. The form is downloadable from amazon at http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/00/00/00/58/79/11/58791177._V23956219_.pdf
As far as I can tell, it should work for purchases from Lowe's, as it only specified that it must have been bought at an authorized retailer. I would assume Lowe's counts.

I got a good deal on this DC from this thread ($150). I also sent in the rebate paperwork, I found out about from this thread also, within a week of that deal.

Did anyone get a $30 rebate check yet?

RickT Harding
08-17-2007, 8:07 PM
I got a good deal on this DC from this thread ($150). I also sent in the rebate paperwork, I found out about from this thread also, within a week of that deal.

I just got mine this past week. You'll have to go back to see when it was I bought the thing. It took a while.

Steven Triggs
08-17-2007, 10:17 PM

It is quite common for rebate checks to take 2 months or a little longer to show up. How long has it been since you mailed it off?

This rebate form says to allow 8-10 weeks, and to call 1-877-335-8219 if you haven't received it after 10 weeks.

Grant Vanbokklen
08-17-2007, 10:43 PM
I bought it the day I posted here about the purchase and sent out the rebate not more than a few days after. I just found the photo copies of the rebate and will have to call Monday because it has just now been just over 10 weeks.

Also good to know you got yours just the other day. Maybe mine will come this weekend :)