PDA

View Full Version : Unisaw comes tomorrow

Ray Dockrey
05-30-2007, 11:08 PM
I got a call today that my Unisaw will be delivered tomorrow. This is something I have been wanting for a very long time and it is almost here. I am so excited. I am a little concerned about the quality that Delta has seem to suffered over the past couple years but I will cross that bridge if I have to. I know Delta will at least stand behind it. It is the 3 HP version with the 52" Bies fence on the mobile base.

robert micley
05-30-2007, 11:12 PM
i have the unisaw.i hope your table and extensions come flat because mine are not.my finish is nothing great.my table had to be adjusted to square the miter slot.

John Hoelmer
05-30-2007, 11:45 PM
I wouldn't worry, your're going to love it. I took delivery of the same saw back in February and it's a great saw, perfectly flat tables, and an excellent finish out of the box. I upgraded it with a Shark guard and that, combined with the standard dust port make for an almost dust free experience. I had been using a 15 year old Delta contractor saw previously and the difference in power and accuracy is amazing.

Jim McCarty
05-30-2007, 11:51 PM
You're going to love it. I've had mine for 30 years and every time I use it I'm impressed with how enjoyable it is to use. I know mine is from a different era, but I think you'll be very pleased, and Delta has always stood behind their products. Enjoy.

Larry Fox
05-31-2007, 8:06 AM
I have the left-tilt version with the same specs. I agree with the other posters - you are going to love it and congrats on the purchase.

Brad Townsend
05-31-2007, 9:31 AM
I've had mine nearly three years now and I think you will be pleased. Like most new cabinet saws, the stock blade guard and splitter are a pain and I would strongly recommend doing what John suggested and getting a Sharkguard. I have one as well and really like it.

The Biese is a quality fence, but one thing they seem to struggle with is the extension table. Unless they have changed them recently, they are not the greatest. Make sure you have a flat one. If not, call them and they will send you another. Or better yet, just make yourself a good one.