PDA

View Full Version : 1968 Zimmermann overarm router

Micah Kaufman
05-30-2007, 8:45 PM
I am looking for any information or knowledge of Friedrich Zimmermann equipment. I have a friend that has a 1968 Friedrich Zimmermann overarm router. Is anyone familiar with these tools? Value? It seems to be in very good condition and has all of the ammenities. We have not had much luck on background via net searches..... I have attached a few pictures.

Thanks to anyone with any info...
Micah

Rob Will
05-30-2007, 8:58 PM
Alan Turner has a very nice Zimmerman bandsaw. That's the only other piece of Zimmerman equipment I have seen. Zimmerman seems to have a very good reputation. Made in Germany.

Rob

Pete Bradley
05-30-2007, 9:05 PM
Interesting. The orange painted handle on the side looks like it was borrowed from an early Delta machine.

I'm not certain that this machine was meant to work wood. The handles and scales suggest some kind of precision milling machine. You might post it at Practical Machinist or perhaps owwm.org. Most likely someone at PM will recognize it. Please post here when you find out what it is!

Pete

Micah Kaufman
05-30-2007, 9:17 PM
Thanks for the info... I will also post at PM. I believe it the intended use was for pattern makers.

Bruce Page
05-30-2007, 10:29 PM
It is not metal working machinery but it is quality machinery - you can tell that just from the castings.

John Schreiber
05-31-2007, 12:33 AM
Zimmermann seems to be a going concern. They have a web site. (http://www.f-zimmermann.com/en/) I didn't see any identical equipment, but under "conventional" "milling machines", there are some items which might be the grandchildren of your router/mill.

If you Google around, and read translations, keep in mind that zimmermann is German for carpenter. That helps pages make more sense.

BTW, their current products look like top notch stuff.

Art Redman
01-17-2012, 1:55 PM
I know this post is rather old, but I have one of these machines; purchased new around 1969. Have you found any other info about it? The person that sold it to us apparently died yrs ago & I have'nt beenable to find out about parts.

Joe Calhoon
01-17-2012, 8:32 PM
Zimmermann is high quality pattern making - woodworking equiptment. Go here and search for Zimmermann.
http://www.machineseeker.com/2.html

Imho they make the best bandsaws.

Joe