PDA

View Full Version : Revision 64.12-A ;-) Request for additional input and suggestions

Al Navas
05-30-2007, 7:39 PM
My thanks to all who commented and provided guidance in the design of this entertainment center. I have made several changes, and have incorporated many of the suggestions.

Although this rendering shows a flat screen unit, the TV set will most likely be a standard set - it is yet to be decided.

Please let me know what you think. THANKS a bunch again, and thanks for looking!

-------- Al

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Sandal_Woods/Entertainment%20center/Entctrconcept-10basemolding-small.jpg

Larry Fox
05-30-2007, 9:09 PM
Al - really nice design overall. I REALLY like the glass doors. I think that the distance from the top of the two side cabinets to the top of the middle one might be a bit high. My eye was drawn to it immediately. The flat-panel drawer-fronts I think are a little off relative to the rest of the design. I don't know why, it just feels that way. However, these comments are nitpicking as the design is very good.

Nancy Laird
05-30-2007, 9:14 PM
Al, now that I've looked at it again, I agree that the center section is a little high in comparison to the two side sections. I like the lower doors; can you make the drawer fronts similarly, with the muntins in front of the solid/ply insert? Might bring the whole thing together a little more. I STILL think glass shelves in the side cabs are the way to go. But that's just my opinion, and you know about those!

Nancy

Steve Clardy
05-30-2007, 10:28 PM
Much better Al :D

I really like this one.:D

Jim Becker
05-30-2007, 10:30 PM
I like.

The only thing that's not working well for me right now is the spacing of the vertical dividers on the doors in the center unit. I'd love to see a rendering with them centered with the same narrow space between them as those on the side pieces...just for grins... ;)

And if those folks are buying a new TV, I certainly hope they don't go for anything that's not 16:9 aspect ratio!

Greg Funk
05-30-2007, 11:21 PM
Nice design Al. Unless they have some very fancy electronics they want to look at I would consider covering up the electronics and using an IR repeater to handle any remote control requirements. Just a personal preference.

Greg

Gary Keedwell
05-30-2007, 11:45 PM
My first impression was that it sure looks alot better.;)

Gary K.

Don Bullock
05-30-2007, 11:50 PM
Al, I liked the original design, but this is even better. All the comments aklready made by others are very good so I won't repeat them. I did notice that the muttons on the top doors of the center unit don't match those on the other doors. They need to be consistent. I'm also having problems with the crown molding. The unit looks like it's being designed in an Arts and Crafts style. The crown molding just doesn't seem to fit. I'd suggest, if that's infact the direction you are going that you look on the Internet at some Arts and Crafts/Mission furniture for some idea for the top. If that's not the style your aiming for, then I'd suggest a more traditional mutton design with even squares.

Al Killian
05-31-2007, 12:47 AM
The only thing that I could add to the ideas is the width of the side cabinets. Thet look too narrow to me. That is the graet thing about this site. You can get input and tweak a design untill it is perfect.