PDA

View Full Version : Important Observations:

John Miliunas
03-01-2003, 11:11 AM
OK folks. In reference to "Whose in charge here?" A couple things:

1) Seeing as to how our esteemed colleague, the good Dr. Jennings started it, I vote that he be elected to make sure our "Weekend Projects" list gets off to a good start every Friday!;) What say you?

2) I couldn't help but see a number of Stealth Gloats within that and other threads. I'm thinking that, not even for sake of tradition, but moreso that we may be able to offer our "congrats", supply said member with setup tips and, most importantly, drop off our envy rants somewhere publicly, we should *require* members to tag the subject with "GLOAT".

I mean really, if the main thread isn't of real interest to us, how the heck are we going to know what we need to purchase in order to "keep up with the Jones's"?! If we're in the market for say, a new 10hp shaper or something similar, it'd be nice to have something in mind after having seen what another member purchased.

Then, of course, there's the "Pride factor". Oh no, not for the gloat holder, but for us other schmucks that can't afford (or SWMBO won't let us) that high-powered TS. "Hey, that ain't nuthin'! I don't need no stinkin' $3000.00 PM cabinet TS. I just built a complete bedroom set with a K-Mart skill saw and my trusty old 35hp Craftsman router! So there!"

At any rate, it's now gone and history, but might be considered as "holdovers" from the Pond days. I think it was kind of a neat idea back then and still do now. Whatdya' folks think? :cool:

Howard Barlow
03-01-2003, 11:17 AM
Zack, Zack,
he's our man.

If anyone can do it,
Zack's da man!:D

Jim Izat
03-01-2003, 11:20 AM
Another vote for Dr. Zack. If he's busy on a particular Friday, I'll be glad to take up the slack!

Jim Izat

Phil Phelps
03-01-2003, 4:33 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jim Izat
[B]Another vote for Dr. Zack. If he's busy on a particular Friday, I'll be glad to take up the slack!

Any "Dr." will be on the golf course with me on Friday. I mean, have you tried to see a dentist on Friday, let alone a physician? And, that includes Phd's. Come to think of it, have I ever gotten anything done on Friday?

Oh, well. That's a yes vote. Fore!!
:p