PDA

View Full Version : Assembly Starts Tomorrow

Christopher K. Hartley
05-30-2007, 11:00 AM
Just got an email from Brent and "Beauty's" assembly starts tomorrow. :D :D :D It should ship next week.:cool: He said he would keep me in pictures as the assembly proceeds. I can post them if anyone is interested in seeing them.:)

Bernie Weishapl
05-30-2007, 11:06 AM
Thats great news Chris. Can't wait to see it in your shop. I bet it has you on pins and needles now. :D ;)

Jim Becker
05-30-2007, 11:18 AM
Um...you think you need "permission" to post pictures? LOL!! PLEASE post them!!

Nancy Laird
05-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Um...you think you need "permission" to post pictures? LOL!! PLEASE post them!!

SECOND that! We're waiting.

Nancy

Pete Jordan
05-30-2007, 11:37 AM
So the check cleared!

Whew!

I can't wait!

Christopher K. Hartley
05-30-2007, 12:37 PM
So the check cleared!

Whew!

I can't wait! Ya imagine that, but now nothing else will. Lets see...how about Lathe in a tent? Darn the Abyss, it's sucking again. Now I have to buy a generator for the tent!!:eek: :eek: :D :D

Bill Wyko
05-30-2007, 12:39 PM
HHMMMMMM. Pictures? As many as you got.:D That bad boy sure lives up to it's name.

Pete Jordan
05-30-2007, 4:51 PM
Ya imagine that, but now nothing else will. Lets see...how about Lathe in a tent? Darn the Abyss, it's sucking again. Now I have to buy a generator for the tent!!:eek: :eek: :D :D

I bought my generator for Y2K and have used it twice. I did rub it in to the neighbors when the power went out though.;)

Steve Schlumpf
05-30-2007, 10:29 PM
Chris - looking forward to seeing just what this beauty is all about!

Nancy Laird
05-31-2007, 9:25 AM
So, Chris, did you get any sleep last night???:rolleyes: :D

Nancy

Paul Engle
05-31-2007, 10:19 AM
So let us see some pic's, you gotta be not sleeping at nite, and if your lucky enuf to get to sleep it's full of chips and spinny thinge's and a whole lot of wood laying around waiting for you to work up , more wood than you can turn in a life time, with all your spare chucks filled with blanks, each one yelling " me next" waiting for their turn on " Beauty" ....... oh wait thats my dream :( . But you can borrow it ....:D

Christopher K. Hartley
05-31-2007, 10:36 AM
So, Chris, did you get any sleep last night???:rolleyes: :D

Nancy Not much but I have the feeling the closer it gets the less I will get. I have classes to teach all next week including Saturday and half the following week. Then the next week I head for Seattle.:eek: :eek: :eek: EEEK!! I have to figure out a way to squeeze in some setup and turning time. Oh well, if I cant sleep anyway maybe between the hours of midnight and 4:00 AM I can make some curlies.:eek: :confused:

Christopher K. Hartley
05-31-2007, 10:46 AM
So let us see some pic's, you gotta be not sleeping at nite, and if your lucky enuf to get to sleep it's full of chips and spinny thinge's and a whole lot of wood laying around waiting for you to work up , more wood than you can turn in a life time, with all your spare chucks filled with blanks, each one yelling " me next" waiting for their turn on " Beauty" ....... oh wait thats my dream :( . But you can borrow it ....:D
I hear ya Paul! soon as that carrier pulls up I plan to start snapping away or if I can't then maybe the LOML will do it for me. I haven't felt this way since I got my Hopalong Cassidy two six shooter holster set when i was about six years old.:D Boy did that date me. Half these guys probably have never heard of that western hero!:)

Nancy Laird
05-31-2007, 10:59 AM
I haven't felt this way since I got my Hopalong Cassidy two six shooter holster set when i was about six years old.:D Boy did that date me. Half these guys probably have never heard of that western hero!:)

Let's date ourselves some more, Chris. How about Lash LaRue and Tom Mix???? :p And Saturday afternoons at the movies with the serial westerns? I'm older than you are!!

Nancy

Christopher K. Hartley
05-31-2007, 11:27 AM
Let's date ourselves some more, Chris. How about Lash LaRue and Tom Mix???? :p And Saturday afternoons at the movies with the serial westerns? I'm older than you are!!

NancyNot by much Dear! Lash Larue, you have got to be kidding me.:eek: I haven't thought about that name in I don't know when.:D

Bill Boehme
05-31-2007, 11:44 AM
Just got an email from Brent and "Beauty's" assembly starts tomorrow. :D :D :D It should ship next week.:cool: He said he would keep me in pictures as the assembly proceeds. I can post them if anyone is interested in seeing them.:)

Will you adopt me? I can sweep up the shavings in your shop and I can keep beauty limbered up when you are not using it.

When you run with the Big Dogs, you don't ask permission, you TELL folks that you WILL be posting pictures.

Bill

Mark Cothren
05-31-2007, 11:51 AM
Lookin' forward to pics, Chris!

Christopher K. Hartley
05-31-2007, 12:24 PM
Will you adopt me? I can sweep up the shavings in your shop and I can keep beauty limbered up when you are not using it.

When you run with the Big Dogs, you don't ask permission, you TELL folks that you WILL be posting pictures.

BillBill you earned the right to come turn any time you can. Without you i couldn't have finished that Vacuum setup.;) Now, when it comes to Big Dogs, I am too much indebted to all here to ever see myself in that light. Besides I still have too much to learn, I'm still a beginner in many respects.:o However, I will say that bark of that Big Mayo Dog isn't very intimidating any more.:D :p

Pete Jordan
05-31-2007, 1:36 PM
Chris,

I don't know how to tell you this but I think Brent must have gotten the emails mixed up and he sent me this!

Paul Engle
05-31-2007, 1:49 PM
Thats akin to 10 cent moves and soda with 5 cent popcorn, cartoons from 10 am to noon on saturday and Tom Mix , Hopalong ,Gene ,Roy and the Lone Ranger were the best, pickin up bottles along the road just knowing there will be enuf to get in and a pop corn.... sigh ... boy that was sure a long way to walk :D .

Bill Wyko
05-31-2007, 1:55 PM
That thing looks like the Clydesdale of lathes' wooohooo:D Kick the tires and light the fires.

Christopher K. Hartley
05-31-2007, 2:03 PM
Thats akin to 10 cent moves and soda with 5 cent popcorn, cartoons from 10 am to noon on saturday and Tom Mix , Hopalong ,Gene ,Roy and the Lone Ranger were the best, pickin up bottles along the road just knowing there will be enuf to get in and a pop corn.... sigh ... boy that was sure a long way to walk :D .Oh Man! Now I'm homesick for the good ole days!!:)

Christopher K. Hartley
05-31-2007, 2:06 PM
Chris,

I don't know how to tell you this but I think Brent must have gotten the emails mixed up and he sent me this!Well I guess i could stop payment on the check and let you pick up the tab. Hate to do that and have a longer wait but I don't want you to miss out either.:D

Ernie Nyvall
05-31-2007, 9:38 PM
The new Craft supply cat. has a Robust in the front, and it is an impressive machine Chris. Man I'd love to see pics of that thing built.

Christopher K. Hartley
06-01-2007, 7:48 AM
The new Craft supply cat. has a Robust in the front, and it is an impressive machine Chris. Man I'd love to see pics of that thing built.
Ernie, I'll post just as soon as Brent sends them. I'd like for you to come over when it gets here and take a spin. Hey I've missed ya man! where have you been?:)

Mark Pruitt
06-01-2007, 8:13 AM
Chris,

I don't know how to tell you this but I think Brent must have gotten the emails mixed up and he sent me this!

It's good to see that Brent has at least come a little closer to using the correct color of paint.

Christopher K. Hartley
06-01-2007, 10:53 AM
It's good to see that Brent has at least come a little closer to using the correct color of paint.
Ok, you go me but in this case "Beauty" is more than skin deep.:D

Ernie Nyvall
06-01-2007, 11:32 PM
Ernie, I'll post just as soon as Brent sends them. I'd like for you to come over when it gets here and take a spin. Hey I've missed ya man! where have you been?:)

Well, I'm trying to get back in the swing of things. I've been working a lot of long days, but I'll certainly make time to come over. Thanks... just let me know.

Dennis Peacock
06-02-2007, 3:39 PM
Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap.......

This is Dennis still waiting for those assembly and turning pics. :rolleyes: :)

Bill Wyko
06-02-2007, 3:46 PM
Yea, I'd say about 1/4 inch thick plate steel kind of thick. You gotta be like a kid on Christmas eve. Did the Doc give the ok to go to work on that bad boy? What kind of wood is going to be the lucky first piece?

Christopher K. Hartley
06-02-2007, 3:58 PM
Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap.......

This is Dennis still waiting for those assembly and turning pics. :rolleyes: :)So am I Dennis...soon as I get them:)