PDA

View Full Version : Launch Photos

Bruce Page
05-30-2007, 10:55 AM
A couple of pictures from our launch last Friday out of Kodiak, Alaska. Unfortunately, there were some down range issues with the missile’s second stage. :( :(
Do a google on missile defense kodiak for more info.

Jim Becker
05-30-2007, 10:59 AM
Very kewel, Bruce. A night launch as got to be neat to watch, too.

Glenn Clabo
05-30-2007, 11:13 AM
Hey Bruce...I can see what happened...ya forgot to take the paper wrapper off! ;)

Dennis Peacock
05-30-2007, 1:30 PM
I sure would have loved to seen that in person!!!! :)

Bruce Page
05-30-2007, 2:19 PM
I sure would have loved to seen that in person!!!! :)
Dennis, the closest you can get to it during launch is about 3 miles, as a crow flies. It is still pretty impressive though.

John Schreiber
05-30-2007, 4:22 PM
Technical and political issues aside, that must really be something to see. I wonder what the actual interception would look like.

Dan Stuewe
05-30-2007, 5:29 PM
Night launches are pretty cool. Although the only one I've personally seen didn't end so well (inaugural Delta III launch).

Better luck next time, Bruce. Maybe someday in the not too distant future I'll need this program to put food on the table.

Ed Garrett
06-02-2007, 10:14 PM
Technical and political issues aside, that must really be something to see.

John,

You're right. It is. I saw the shuttle launch one time (Jan 1986). I was working as a mine inspector about 100 miles away. In spite of the distance I could see it very well and was awestruck. Then I saw it explode. Unforgettable sight.

P.S.: Did you end up installing that system for pumping fresh air to your head?

PS2: I lived in your town in 1965 and still remember it. We also lived in Thomasboro briefly. My dad was doing a post doc at the university.